Limited Time: Grab your FREE Box of Dark Chocolate Almond Bars Get Yours>>Close
Open

Thread: Enter, The Japsican

Enter, The Japsican

Shop Now
    Hello all! Been Primal for about 2 months or so...been tracking my progress (and fumbles) on my blog. I also Crossfit. Paleo/primal eating and Crossfit has become an obsession! Hope to meet all of you soon!

Mark, thanks for TPB, between you and Robb Wolf, I've got a lot of reading to do. Almost finished your book and it's such a great read.

Any other Crossfitters on here?
    Check out my blog: ANTHROfit

Not doing the Crossfit thing just yet, but I do plan to eventually start getting involved once I've kicked my general fitness level up a few notches. I've been checking out the info I can find online just to get better acquainted with the concepts, it seems pretty hardcore. Super hero training.
    http://www.getmoneyout.com

Start: March 2011
    Start Weight: 245 lbs.
    Current Weight (November 2011): 208.4 lbs. and counting.
    Goal weight: 195 lbs.

Hey, don't shy away from Crossfit due to how intense it seems. It's 100% scalable, and the trainers do a great job of making sure to start you off at a safe level. And yes, there will be others at your level. No intimidation, totally down to earth, and a great team and family attitude towards new members.

You'll love it, and you wont regret it. Good luck!

weight loss pills

This actually answered my downside, thank you! I look forward to more here at Mark's Daily Apple!

Thumbs up

Shop Now
    Quote Originally Posted by Wellstort View Post
    This actually answered my downside, thank you! I look forward to more here at Mark's Daily Apple!
    No problem! To add to that point, there are several folks at the box who either are at a lower athletic threshold or started that way. Including folks in their 60's, people with medical issues (ie DM, bad joints). In my case, I had a Hiatal Hernia (which is where the stomach protrudes in to the lung cavity impeding breathing...not the abdominal tear hernias most folks are familiar with). With my lung capacity at 80% I could work out for close to 6 months! I then had an EGD done, the pushed the stomach tissue back in to the proper cavity (Below my diaphram) and opened up my lungs. Issue was, I was completely out of shape!!! The trainers were very good at building me up slowly.

Thanks for the warm welcome!
    Last edited by The Japsican; 04-10-2011 at 06:12 AM.