Thread: Worried I'm Eating Too Much - Day 9 Newbie page

HTownGirl is offline Senior Member

Worried I'm Eating Too Much - Day 9 Newbie

Primal Fuel
    OK, I realize it's going to take a while to show results but I want to make sure I'm not at least gaining weight (I love this way of eating, but CW is deeply ingrained). Here's what I ate today:

Breakfast:
    6 slices of bacon dipped in leftover Taqueria Arandas green sauce (Poblano/Avocado)

Snack:
    Small plum (I was really hungry)

Lunch:
    Veggie Chef Salad (from Cafe Express) - held the Croutons - it had field greens, 1/2 avocado, a few pecans, fennel, grape tomatoes, capers, pickled carrots, pickled onions, a little parmesan and vinaigrette.
    Glass of Black Currant iced tea (no sugar) and a little lime
    (round trip walk to lunch of about 3/4 mile)

Snack:
    One small piece of beef jerky

Dinner:
    1 piece blackened tilapia (tilapia dipped in melted homemade cultured butter, and dredged in seasonings--no sugar in the seasoning, and sauteed in a little coconut oil, 1 turnip "hash brown" cooked in a little butter, and some roasted asparagus (olive oil and a little salt and pepper
    2 glasses Chardonnay (I know, I know, but I love my wine--I'll give up fruit first <G>)

I know I'm feeling fantastic, which is new to me, as usually by the end of the day after my high stress tech support job, I'm usually "wiped". Hubby is amazed at my new energy levels.

I don't have any cravings like I thought I would. However, I haven't started the workout yet, I thought I'd give my body two weeks to adjust to the "diet".

Suggestions?

healthy11 is offline Senior Member
    Just keep it simple in the beginning... you have to adjust to this way of eating and your body will soon start to give you signals so you know when and how much to eat. I wouldn't worry about how much you are eating... just eat until you are full (not stuffed). You might be hungry in the beginning, but it seems many find they are less hungry the longer they eat this way. Of course, for me it's cyclical. Just try to listen to you body and stick to primal foods and after a couple of months you can evaluate and make changes where needed. I think it can be easy to over-think this ...so again, just keep it simple.

Thanks! Actually I haven't gone really hungry--just a bit between meals, but nothing major. That's what was worrying me--when I've gone on diets before I was starving!

I haven't eaten until I feel stuffed, just full. Feeling much better about this all now.

Dragonfly is offline Senior Member
    You are doing fine! Grains and sugar tend to create cravings and make folks feel deprived" when on a CW diet.

Yay! [Clapping my hands!]

I've never been so excited about a (forgive the expression for lack of a better word) "diet" before! This alone tells me it's right!

Camille is offline Member
    Houston peeps!

Looks good to me. If you're worried, you can count carbs and calories for the first couple of weeks, until you're comfortable. You'll start to realize that you can lose weight on far more calories than you would with CW. It's normal to feel full/satisfied!

Buffalo Chip is offline Member
    Quote Originally Posted by HTownGirl View Post
    Thanks! Actually I haven't gone really hungry--just a bit between meals, but nothing major. That's what was worrying me--when I've gone on diets before I was starving!

I haven't eaten until I feel stuffed, just full. Feeling much better about this all now.
    I am 2 or 3 weeks into this primal adventure and I found the same thing - I no longer get extremely hungry like I have in the past. There is often a dull sense of hunger that is easy to ignore, and I have to remind myself to eat if I get distracted doing something else.

One thing I figured out though is to eat a decent amount of food when I do eat my meals. If I have, say, one chicken sausage w/200 calories or something, I will be hungry again a half hour later, sort of like the old days when I ate carbs whenever I felt like it. So it really pays to make each meal count and chow down until you're satisfied.