Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Weird dairy side-effect? page 2

DaisyEater is offline Senior Member
    Primal Fuel
    Quote Originally Posted by DaisyEater View Post
    I don't have much in the way of wax but they always itch. Crap. I haven't had any dairy in the last 48-hours but maybe I'm just slower. Maybe I should try a dairy-free week and see if it goes away. Man I love cheese. I don't eat it every day but I will miss it. I'm also generally snuffly in the morning. I'd like to see that go away, too.

*prays its nuts instead*
    So here I am replying to myself a month later. I solved my itchy ear problem so I figured I'd post in case someone else is having this problem and it wasn't food. I've been putting coconut oil in my ears and its gone away. Probably some sort of infection or something. Man, is there anything coconut oil can't do?

As for my snuffliness, 500 mg of quercetin twice a day has fixed that right up.

Paulinator is offline Junior Member
    I had excessive earwax for many years (my wife teased me that I could start a tiki torch business).
    This problem went away completely when I went primal, along with most dental plaque.

I assume it is due to cutting out the carbohydrates that made the difference.

Horsewoman is offline Senior Member
    I had the same problem and it went away when I stopped gluten. I had inflammed eustachian tubes so badly that my ear drums would bulge and my hearing was affected. Lots of itching too. All went within a few days of stopping gluten, along with my asthma.

Dairy has a slight effect though not bad enough to keep me away from cheese so far!
    Gluten intolerance and hypermobility syndrome http://www.cfids.org/pdf/joint-hypermobility-guide.pdf

Eat food. Mostly real. Enjoy life.

Health, energy, wellbeing, vitality, joy, LIFE! Health At Every Size

"Do not ask what the world needs; ask yourself what makes you come alive. And then go and do that, because what the world needs is people who have come alive."
    Harold Whitman

Sparkie6678 is offline Junior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Horsewoman View Post
    I had the same problem and it went away when I stopped gluten. I had inflammed eustachian tubes so badly that my ear drums would bulge and my hearing was affected. Lots of itching too. All went within a few days of stopping gluten, along with my asthma.

Dairy has a slight effect though not bad enough to keep me away from cheese so far!
    +1

Same deal with me--had "plugged ear" issues for as long as I can remember. When I went Primal a year ago, one of the first things I noticed was the reduction in mucus production in general, and specifically how clear and open my ears were (free of wax buildup). I never gave up dairy, so I attributed it to the removal of gluten from my diet.

Apparently I've had a moderate gluten allergy all my life but never realized it until I went Primal.

lizch is offline Senior Member
    My now 18-year old had "amoxicillin" as one of his major food groups as a baby/toddler. It was only when he was about 4-5 that we realized he had a dairy allergy. Stopping dairy ended the ear infections. He's gradually reintroduced dairy and usually has no problems, but even now he is guaranteed to get an ear infection if he eats dairy (particularly cheese) while he has a cold.
    Liz.

Zone diet on and off for several years....worked, but too much focus on exact meal composition
    Primal since July 2010...skinniest I've ever been and the least stressed about food

Melody is offline Senior Member
    Primal Blueprint Expert Certification
    dairy, chocolate, and excess sugar all give me itchy, swollen feeling inner ears.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12