Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Expecting Massive Progress page

Gathwh is offline Senior Member

Expecting Massive Progress

Primal Fuel
    Hello, I am Garth. I eat about 80% paleo, I am 165 lbs and 12% bodyfat. While I get a lot of exercise very little of it is really structured progressive weightlifting. I finally got around to going to the local Uni gym and it looks great.

Today I did 1X20 squats 95 lbs, 1x6 weighted chins 53lbs, 3x5 presses 65lbs. It was pretty easy and I'm going to kick it up a lot every session. I'm planning to go every Tuesday, Thursday and Saturday. Aside from the weighted chins, it is the first time for most of the exercises.

I call this "Expecting Massive Progress" because I'm in great health, a mesomorph, and doing everything right. Also I'm starting off very light.

Rest day and 24 hour fast. Can't wait until tomorrow's workout. I'm covered in bruises from parkour and martial arts however.

1x7 weighted chins 53lbs, 1x15 squats 135 lbs, 1x3 w/ 95 & 3x12 w/ 45lbs presses.

I feel very strong to have added 40 lbs to my squats, but I still lost a few reps. I'm going to add 20 lbs a session until I get to starting strength's 5 reps. I also am going to add sets when I get below 10 reps. I feel weak with the overhead presses; I feel that the bar isn't very stable. Eventually I plan on adding in dead lifts and bench presses. Keep in mind I'm only logging strength training, I bike 30 min to and from the gym etc.

3x5-9 chins 55 lbs on top set, 3x5 squats 135lbs, 3x5 65lbs presses. Parkour club.

I had someone go over my squat form, so I ended up doing a whole lot with the empty bar today. As such I have less work done today than Thursday. Apparently I have fine form, but I had the bar too far up on my neck. That was quickly remedied. The presses still feel weird. Going to keep up a slower progress from now on.

3x5-9 chins 55lbs on top set, 3x5 squats 155lbs, 3x9 30lbs dumbbell press.

I'm trying to find a good deltoids exercise. I have congenitally weak shoulders(every male going back countless generations has torn rotators cuffs), an am looking to strengthen them. I didn't feel my form was up to snuff this time on the squats, so I'm going to repeat this weight next time. I think I'll sub out the press for weighted dips and and a lateral raise.

3x4 pullups 45lbs, 3x4 dips 45lbs, 3x5 squats 165lbs, 3x5 lateral raise 25lbs.

Feeling good.

3x5 squats 185lbs, 3x5-9 dips 55lbs, 3x5-9 chins 55lbs top set each, 25 incline situps.

I feel bad on the squats, my form wasn't good enough, and I almost dropped the bar when racking the weight(I didn't get close enough in).

24 hour fast. 3x4 squats 195lbs, 3x4-8 chins 55lbs, 3x5-9 dips 50lbs, 25 incline situps, 1x5 deadlifts 95lbs, parkour club.

The squats were fine except for the last set. I think I should keep the poundage at the same level and work for reps and form from now on. Except for deadlift, I'll keep adding to that.

I've been trying to gain weight for a bit more than a month so far, and I think it's enough. Now I'll try to get leaner.

Primal Blueprint Expert Certification
    1x5 squats 195 lbs, 3x5-7dips 45lbs, 3 weighted chins 45lbs, 10 chins.

Ran out of time at gym today to do unforeseeable circumstances. The squats are feeling stronger.

Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast