Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Nutritionist Certification Programs? page

StarCharm is offline Member

Nutritionist Certification Programs?

Primal Fuel
    I want to continue my education and get some sort of degree/certificate in a field related to nutrition. The programs I have looked at seem to be based on outdated information and CW. I am looking for a reputable program that is more in line with ancestral nutrition (a la Primal/Paleo). Does anyone have any suggestions of where to look?

O_O
    O_O is offline Senior Member
    I had thought about a degree in nutrition as well as a CNS but lost interest. I'm not interested in paying to learn CW.

You may have to go with the norm and branch out once you get your training.

healthy11 is online now Senior Member
    StarCharm... don't bother. I am just finishing my degree in Nutrition Science and it's all CW bullshit. What you're looking for doesn't exist. You would have to learn it on your own and use just use whatever kind of education you get as your credibility.

DFH
    DFH is offline Senior Member
    Crazy huh?

I was curious myself, and looked up the courses at the local university and thought, "Yuk! I don't even want to listen to this CW garbage anymore, much less study it...."

I guess we have to start our own association and give it a fancy name that starts with "American.."

"American Society for the Advancement of Dietary Heritage..."

ASADH is dedicated to the study, preservation, and advancement of human dietary heritage...

Can we get a grant?

ProtoAlex is offline Senior Member
    Technically this board is a Nutritionist Certification Program.

What I'm getting at is that in most states there is no specific certification required to call yourself a Nutritionist. The term used to be reserved for people with advanced degrees in Nutrition, now anyone can legally claim it. Congratulations, you are hereby dubbed an official Nutritionist! Hey at least you already know more than the vast majority of RDs!
    "You can demonstrate the purpose and limits of human digestion with a simple experiment: eat a steak with some whole corn kernels, and see what comes out the other end. It won’t be the steak."
    -J.Stanton

tradawg is offline Senior Member
    If you want to consider a degree in Nutritional Therapy, the Nutritional Therapist Program by NTA is great! I'm in the middle of it now....there are primal books in the curriculum, and they base a lot of stuff on Weston Price's findings. In general, they're very up to date with the latest research and the program is great.
    $5 off iherb.com: QOC241

"Don't let the perfect be the enemy of the good." - Voltaire

For nutrition/wellness tips:

http://www.facebook.com/#!/pages/One...34671179916624

www.onelifeonebodynutritionaltherapy.com

healthy11 is online now Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by tradawg View Post
    If you want to consider a degree in Nutritional Therapy, the Nutritional Therapist Program by NTA is great! I'm in the middle of it now....there are primal books in the curriculum, and they base a lot of stuff on Weston Price's findings. In general, they're very up to date with the latest research and the program is great.
    Really?! That's great to hear!! I will look into it... do you have a link you could provide??

tradawg is offline Senior Member
    $5 off iherb.com: QOC241

"Don't let the perfect be the enemy of the good." - Voltaire

For nutrition/wellness tips:

http://www.facebook.com/#!/pages/One...34671179916624

www.onelifeonebodynutritionaltherapy.com

belinda is offline Senior Member
    DFH wrote "I guess we have to start our own association and give it a fancy name that starts with "American.."

"American Society for the Advancement of Dietary Heritage..."

I like North American (I'm Canadian) Society for the Advancement of the Consumption of Bacon (NASACB)

Someday soon I'll figure out how to add a quote properly!

DFH
    DFH is offline Senior Member
    Primal Blueprint Expert Certification
    belinda-

Yeah yeah..You people probably want that dang Canadian Bacon too!

I didn't like adding "American" to the name but I was just copying the CW names that seem to be required to get any attention...

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast