Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: 'Packed lunch' suggestions? page

Freemo is offline Junior Member

'Packed lunch' suggestions?

Hi,

Just joined the forum. Looks a great place to be. Just wondering if anyone has any good suggestions for 'packed lunch' meals that are relatively quick and easy to prepare? I've got the two PB cookbooks on order too.

Neil

jmday is offline Senior Member
    California Native living in land locked Kansas
    Leftovers work fabulously.
    Mostly i do salads. I do a chop fest 2x a week and put all the fixens in separate containers. Then dole out what ever looks good for that day.
    Then add protein of choice.
    I also keep oil and vinagar at my desk so nothing wilts.

I found if I plan ahead, I don't have to go to the grocery store across the way.
    Julia
    Starting Weight 235 - Dec 1, 2010
    Started Primal Mid January 2011
    Current Weight 183
    Goal 160

Get Outside Already!

http://moderndayfitandfood.wordpress.com/
    http://moderndaydesigns.wordpress.com/

Digby is offline Senior Member
    Here's the line up of foods in the packed lunches I made this week for the beloved: 2 boiled eggs each time; meatballs with a little sauce; pickles; chunks of gf ham, beef, hard salami, chicken; tuna, sardines, kippers (all canned); berries, apples, cucumber, diakon and other radishes; 1-2 oz nuts. And most weeks are some variation on that. Cheese, also, a couple times a week. I used to take salads and soup as well.
    This time, like all times, is a very good one, if we but know what to do with it. Ralph Waldo Emerson

Any given day you are surrounded by 10,000 idiots.
    Lao Tsu, founder of Taoism

melodious is offline Senior Member
    I mostly just cook a whole bunch of food at once and use it as leftovers for lunch for days.
    If you don't have access to a microwave at the office, you could just do the salad concept. Eggs work great in salads.

Neanderthal is offline Member
    Canned fish is easy- sardines, kippers (my favorite), tuna, salmon, etc.
    Other easy things that I like are salad, leftover meat from yesterday's dinner, boiled eggs, celery, carrots, fruit, sliced deli meat, a can of mixed nuts, & pork rinds.

DaisyEater is offline Senior Member
    I generally just eat a BAS with some meat. Lately my favorite is pulled pork. I make it in the pressure cooker. I keep the salad stuff and the meat in the fridge at work and just throw it together when I'm ready for lunch. I have oil and vinegar. Sometimes I bring avocado/guacamole and salsa. They make an awesome dressing, especially with the pulled pork. I often have some hard boiled eggs in the fridge. I'm not much of a snacker since going primal but I occasionally get that early evening hunger. Or if I get stuck at work and can't get dinner on time, that holds me quite nicely. There's absolutely nothing primal in the vending machine here.

Today I brought burgers & veggies stuffed & wrapped in lettuce. Cooked the burgers in the toaster oven. Quick and easy.
    -Connoisseur Guy

RennieVan is offline Member
    I only can laugh looking at vending machines now. So sad...people eat that stuff! Gross! I have been making wraps with a v small bit of cream cheese inside a slice of roast beef. Amazing! If I have time I make a horseradish sauce to dip them in too. I love to make soup when it's cold out and then freeze it in smaller portions to take to work. But usually, BAS!

Pheebie is offline Senior Member
    For me it's usually a BAS. Like others have mentioned, I also keep olive oil & vinegar in my desk drawer (along with sea salt, black & cayenne pepper). I prep my BAS in a container the night before then toss it together when I'm ready to eat with the olive oil & vineger, some walnuts, egg, and if I happen to have some leftover meat or fish, that goes in too. Super easy, filling, healthy and no afternoon energy crash. I'll occasionally bring "hot" leftovers & heat in the microwave, but it's usually a BAS.

DaisyEater is offline Senior Member
    PrimalCon New York
    I regarded the vending machine as mostly atrocious before but I used to go for the peanuts if I was really hungry, assuming that was pretty healthy. Legumes in cottonseed oil. Yum. There is some trail mix in there but it's unsurprisingly full of sugar and seed oils. Other than that it's all candy and chips. The health conscious folks in the office usually go for that or the pretzels or the Sun Chips which are also things I regarded as less unhealthy pre-primal.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast