Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Any other Primal Health Professionals out there? page 3

marthat is offline Senior Member
    Shop Now
    Thanks for the heads-up about Rachel. I looked up her thread. And congrats on being so close to your degree. I am confident that conventional science will catch up to the Primal/high fat/Taubes approach eventually, but the wheels of research move slowly, and are unfortunately greased by the money of Big Agra and the mega food lobbies. I am optimistic that the truth will someday be acknowledged, but it's a big ship to turn.

In the mean time, I'm thankful that I have worked my way around to this WOE. I have been self-experimenting for about 4 years now with various non-conventional eating approaches, mainly the Shangri La Diet approach. Believe me, I don't tell my fellow RD's that for over 3 years, I have been shooting back 2 tablespoons of olive or coconut oil every afternoon in the name of appetite suppression and insulin lowering. But I've read Good Calories, Bad Calories cover to cover and subscribe to his point of view. And I've read The Vegetarian Myth.

I know that there's a lot of dietitian-bashing on this site, but we are not all narrow minded and brainwashed by the food industry - just some of us. Not me!

ksmonster is offline Junior Member
    I am about to finish up my degree in dietetics (undergrad) and do my internship. Good to know there are RDs out there that don't follow CW crap...

jlmccracken is offline Member
    I'm a personal trainer and encourage all my clients to start small, cutting grains, and eventually lead them to a primal way of life. However, my way of thinking doesn't always go over very well with my boss. They are too stuck on the CW and think grains are a necessity. I tread lightly, but still stick to my guns about a better way of eating and life.

patski is offline Senior Member
    Martha, I'm curious as to where you're located?
    A Post-Primal PrimalPat

Do not allow yourself to become wrapped up in a food 'lifestyle'. That is ego, and you are not that.

marthat is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by patski View Post
    Martha, I'm curious as to where you're located?
    I'm in the Owen Sound area, base of the beautiful Bruce Peninsula.

Ukprimalchick is offline Junior Member
    I'm an RN working in cardiology. I get to dole out massive doses of statins to people who may or may not benefit from them. I can't promote Primal because of course I have to follow the party line, but I tell colleagues what I am doing and I direct them to Taubes et al for further info.

texas.grok is offline Senior Member
    O.P.U.S. here, Old Paramedic Under Stress (inactive). I did the EMS thing for about 20 years in the US and overseas. Guess I'm still involved to a degree.

Amateur epidemiologist (I have always been fascinated by disease processes)

Currently working in Egypt as a Health, Safety and Environmental director for an Egyptian corporations. Part of my duties is running roughshod over the medical department which includes doctors, paramedics and nurses.
    Randal
    AKA: Texas Grok

Quote Originally Posted by texas.grok View Post
    Facebook is to intelligence what a black hole is to light
    http://hardcoremind.com/

maddie427 is offline Senior Member
    Hey all-Chiropractic student with a focus on Functional Neurology and Functional Medicine--to some extent, we are taught about Paleo, but some of our teachers haven't given up the cholesterol theory, so it's a bit of a mixed bag.

Cha
    Cha is offline Junior Member
    I'll graduate in December from a RN program. I know I have to follow hospital/company protocol, but I am not shy about doling out advise on anything from eating whole food to getting a squat stool for the toilet. I have a very holistic approach to my craft.

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123