Thread: WedMD's Article On Fasting... page

thehallowprince is offline Senior Member

Cool WedMD's Article On Fasting...

Shop Now
    I know... I shouldn't have even opened Pandora's Boxx... but i did...

If you weed through all the controversy, you'll find that most medical experts agree on one thing: fasting is not a healthy weight loss tool.
    "The intestinal tract has a lot of good bacteria. When you are changing that balance, the good bacteria are affected, too."
    Is Fasting Healthy?

And anyone who fasts for extended periods should do so only under close medical supervision.
    March 1st 2010: 308lbs | CW: 222lbs / 25.2%BF | New Goal: 20% BF
    Male. 28. 6'4''. Currently working on them muscles and strength!

"My chest hair caught fire when I was fighting a bear with a flamethrower, how do I get my hair back? - Rivvin

yodiewan is offline Senior Member
    Pfffft. I used to love WebMD before I found Primal. I'm glad that I know better now. Fasting is where it's at.

Ok, Master Cleanse and some of the other stuff they mention in the article is retarded. I'm talking the kind of fasting that most of us practice: condensed daily eating window or semi-weekly ~24 hour fasts.

RednGreen is offline Member
    It's funny how quickly some people brush off fasting as unhealthy and that they could never do it. A guy I work with, that is very health conscious and is in great shape, has always said he could just never fast- he just can't go without eating. He didn't realize (until I so gracefully pointed it out to him) that he fasts every wknd! He goes out on his boat every Saturday and only eats one meal all day. It's such a natural thing if you can learn to really listen to your body.
    "It may be normal darling, but I'd rather be natural." -Holly Golightly

Dragonfly is offline Senior Member
    I used to think fasting was unhealthy.

The truth was that I was a hypoglycemic carb addict and couldn't even imagine going without food for more than 3 hours during the day.

I now IF from 16-18 hours daily, with no problem, ha ha!

thehallowprince is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Dragonfly View Post
    I used to think fasting was unhealthy.

The truth was that I was a hypoglycemic carb addict and couldn't even imagine going without food for more than 3 hours during the day.

I now IF from 16-18 hours daily, with no problem, ha ha!
    EXACTLY! Same here! I got the shakes like crazy if I went too long without food!
    March 1st 2010: 308lbs | CW: 222lbs / 25.2%BF | New Goal: 20% BF
    Male. 28. 6'4''. Currently working on them muscles and strength!

"My chest hair caught fire when I was fighting a bear with a flamethrower, how do I get my hair back? - Rivvin

JKC
    JKC is offline Senior Member
    Me too, and now I eat 2 meals a day and don't snack at all - it is like a different person is living inside this body!

Pheebie is offline Senior Member
    PrimalCon New York
    Quote Originally Posted by thehallowprince View Post
    EXACTLY! Same here! I got the shakes like crazy if I went too long without food!
    Me too - since going primal and giving up grains, I've not gotten the "hunger shakes." Now I get hungry gradually ~ no more feelings of, "I need food - NOW!"
    It's a beautiful thing.