Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: High Protein, low fat, low carb? page

kurite is offline Senior Member

High Protein, low fat, low carb?

Shop Now
    Just wondering what happens if you eat like 300 grams of protein a day and only 60 grams of fat. Wont your body burn a crazy amount of body fat? I know its not healthy just wondering.

js290 is offline Senior Member

Thats only when you are already underweight. You wont succumb to rabbit starvation just because of high protein and low fat. I was more interested in how it affects body fat.

Sue
    Sue is offline Senior Member
    In the Perfect Health Diet, p 25, it states that "the body's ability to convert ammonia to urea peaks with a protein intake of 230g/day, indicating that ammonia levels must be rising rapidly at that level of protein intake".
    Too much ammonia no good.

Bissen is offline Senior Member
    You feel like crap...

peril is offline Senior Member
    Can you actually eat that much protein day after day?
    Four years Primal with influences from Jaminet & Shanahan and a focus on being anti-inflammatory. Using Primal to treat CVD and prevent stents from blocking free of drugs.

Eat creatures nose-to-tail (animal, fowl, fish, crustacea, molluscs), a large variety of vegetables (raw, cooked and fermented, including safe starches), dairy (cheese & yoghurt), occasional fruit, cocoa, turmeric & red wine

If I wanted to yah but I love fat to much. I was just wondering about the situation with high protein because some animals like rabbit, which obviously where rabbit starvation came from, is very lean and our ancestors would probably go through times of very high protein times.

Tadas is offline Member
    What you describe is often called a protein modified sparing fast (pmsf). You will loose weight fast, but you have to ensure that you get enough essential fatty acids (especially omega-3). It's not the healthiest but the fastest way to get lean. A good protocol for this is the one by Lyle McDonald:

The Rapid Fat Loss Handbook by Lyle McDonald | BodyRecomposition - The Home of Lyle McDonald

apple is offline Senior Member
    Wouldn't lack of carbs + high protein = greater gluconeogenesis? If I eat too much protein, my blood sugar gets high and I need insulin to bring it down. Which I assume means fat gets stored while insulin takes care of blood sugar. So how exactly do we get the 'rabbit starvation?'
    Type 1 Diabetic. Controlling blood sugar through primal life.

2012 Goals:
    Maintain A1c of 6.0 or lower
    More dietary fat, less carbs, moderate protein
    LHT and sprint as per PB fitness
    Play more!

iniQuity is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Tadas View Post
    What you describe is often called a protein modified sparing fast (pmsf). You will loose weight fast, but you have to ensure that you get enough essential fatty acids (especially omega-3). It's not the healthiest but the fastest way to get lean. A good protocol for this is the one by Lyle McDonald:

The Rapid Fat Loss Handbook by Lyle McDonald | BodyRecomposition - The Home of Lyle McDonald
    Wish I could find a PDF of that. When I eat VLC I focus on protein but have a hard time NOT eating fat (especially the fat in the protein, as in, how to go about about eating leaner cus since I don't enjoy them as much) I eat some veggies but not a lot, no fruit, no juices/sodas, etc... it's kinda strict but easy to do when you get in a groove. I wouldn't say I'm losing weight fast, perhaps because I'm eating to satisfaction and not under. Reading the link you have days of 800 total calories, I don't even want to know what that looks like, I bet one of my meals alone is over that and I'm not trying to do the one meal a day thing.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast