Thread: Dont give up! page

paleopom Guest

I just want to say to anyone considering, or is in the early stages of going primal/paleo dont give up!

I'm 42 (pushing 12!), smoked liked a chimney for 20 odd years, drank @20 cups of tea a day (with the obligatory 2 sugars - typical pom!) and generally ate any crap in sight!. Thought I felt ok, but know realise I just felt like crap all the time - no energy, up and down, generally just a moody old shit!

I finally kicked the smokes in Feb. Whilst I was in a giving up mood kicked sugar a month later (after realising its one of the worst drugs known to mankind) then discovered paleo/primal and crossfit.

My partner was always whinging about me eating healthy - be careful what you wish for!

I cant believe how my life, body and mind have changed. I never realised how good it is possible to feel.

You definately are what you eat!

maba is offline Senior Member

Giving up sugar 7 weeks ago, is one of the best things to have happened to me. I ate "healthfully" for the most part - veggies, fruits, lean meat, olive oil, organic, whole grains, minimum amount of butter... you get the drift, but my only weakness was dessert which I always made at home with raw sugar and therefore healthful, I assumed - how wrong I was! I'm so happy I've kicked that drug. I occasionaly indulge in sugar-sweetened chai and teeny amount of desserts but few and far between. Now strawberries more than satisy my sweet tooth.

paleopom Guest

Couldn't agree with you more...I cant believe how "sweet" I find things (fruit)now..in fact i cant believe how much better everything tastes now!

marci Guest

Primal Blueprint Expert Certification

congrats paleo- you've come a long way!