Thread: My Wife Saved Me From Myself Yesterday page

0311 is offline Junior Member

My Wife Saved Me From Myself Yesterday

Primal Fuel
    We ran out of food in the house yesterday and my super-awesome wifey was due to go out grocery shopping in the evening while I watched our three ankle-biters. Bad thing was, we had no idea what we were going to eat for dinner.

Lunch was pretty light and I was feeling very hungry at 3:30. The prospects for the evening didn't look good. I didn't think that anyone was going to be feeling like making a home-cooked meal when supermom brought the truckload of healthy food home. A quick second look at the larder showed the cupboards to be bare. The fridge, bare. Freezer...bare.

I'm going to admit that I kinda went into some type of food panic and when my younger daughter (who was hungry as well) started to ask what were going to eat I blurted out...

"Why don't we go to the Steve B's pizza buffet?!?!?!"

At first my wife was like...whatever. Then she came back to her senses and chided me about how sick everyone was going to feel after this "little" cheat.

So guess what she did? She made an abbreviated grocery shopping trip and stopped at the local butcher on the way back to pick up a thick, aged New York Strip steak! It was preseasoned too so it was ready to go when she got home. Food never tasted so good.

Usually I'm the "hero" in the house. Spider killing and the such is all taken care of on my watch. Yesterday, however, my wife got to be the hero for the day.
    Last edited by 0311; 04-04-2011 at 03:40 PM.

Ransom is offline Senior Member
    Win
    Strength and Honor

runnergal is offline Senior Member
    Yay wife!!!
    MTA: because it is rare I dont have more to say

"When I got too tired to run anymore I just pretended I wasnt tired and kept running anyway" - my daughter Age 7

Patrick is offline Senior Member
    Damn. I need to find me someone to counteract my bouts of momentary stupidity.
    August 2010: 207 lb, 37" waist, 25+% BF | Currently: 177 lb, 33" waist, ~15% BF

I have a new site up and will soon be blogging at The Wayward Mind. (My journal is semi-retired at this point)

Digby is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Patrick View Post
    Damn. I need to find me someone to counteract my bouts of momentary stupidity.
    Just be sure the "someone" isn't one of those bouts of momentary stupidity.
    This time, like all times, is a very good one, if we but know what to do with it. Ralph Waldo Emerson

Any given day you are surrounded by 10,000 idiots.
    Lao Tsu, founder of Taoism

Digby is offline Senior Member
    0311: That's what's great about a couple working to the same ends. Good on the both of you!
    This time, like all times, is a very good one, if we but know what to do with it. Ralph Waldo Emerson

Any given day you are surrounded by 10,000 idiots.
    Lao Tsu, founder of Taoism

Patrick is offline Senior Member
    Primal Blueprint Expert Certification
    Quote Originally Posted by Digby View Post
    Just be sure the "someone" isn't one of those bouts of momentary stupidity.
    Gah! See?! I'm screwed from the outset!
    August 2010: 207 lb, 37" waist, 25+% BF | Currently: 177 lb, 33" waist, ~15% BF

I have a new site up and will soon be blogging at The Wayward Mind. (My journal is semi-retired at this point)