Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: JTW's Journal: S*** Just Got Real. page

JTWolflied is offline Member

JTW's Journal: S*** Just Got Real.

Ok, so, the plan for today was to:

A) Post journal entry (check...)

B) Put pictures in journal entry (not so fast, mf'er...)

So there will be a journal entry minus pictures, which is a hilariously tragic story.

So, I started out making the move into primal eating on... last Thursday. Started out around 232.5 lbs. That's about 30lbs lighter than where I was in December. Today's weight was 228.6. Which is pretty good for a few days, especially considering Saturday night I put on about 1.1 lbs in liver damage. As an aside, never do a shot of Everclear. And especially never do a shot of Everclear when you're 30. It didn't really do much and it burned stupidly. Let's just leave it at never do a shot of Everclear.

Onto the story of the day, I was getting ready to set out on the day's walkabout, which is I walk about 1 mile to a special spot and then walk back. Anyway, I was grabbing up the ol' digital camera so I could chronicle the various primal fast food I saw on the way (quail, rabbits, doves, the occasional Poomeranian [yes, it's a Poodle-Pomeranian hybrid disaster]), when I noticed one of the other hominids in the house had left a bowl of Jelly Belly (oh so aptly named favorite of mine in the past) jellybeans on the counter. My right hand reached out to take a handful (I think it's cursed. It's tried to kill me before), but thankfully my left hand was a true bro and had my back. In a bold move, it decided to lose hold of the camera, dropping it deftly on the lens and breaking the shutter. So, I have a broken digital camera now. On the plus side, hey, no jelly beans. I have since hidden the offending candy far away in a dark place and will be having words with the would-be saboteur.

Now then, onto the activities of the day.

Thus far, I've done my 2 mile walk. I have eaten turkey and a handful of blackberries. I'm planning on some eggs here in the next couple of hours and then a wonderful broiled beast for dinner. Later on, I will be engaging my pectorals, biceps, triceps, and various other muscles in a wonderful round of the Primal 5. I expect to destroy the plank, as I believe my abs have been fully engaged since I was 12.

I am also considering writing a book about my journey once I've achieved my successes. Prospective titles are:

JTW FTW

From Fat to OMG Seks!

Why My Ass Looks Better Than Yours: A Message to My Doctor

This Heart is Delicious! A Love Story

Truly a thrilling and brave new world awaits me. I kind of really suck at cooking, so this is going to be a great experience for working on those sorry skills, too.

Gettin' Grok-Faced!

-JTW
    http://www.getmoneyout.com

Start: March 2011
    Start Weight: 245 lbs.
    Current Weight (November 2011): 208.4 lbs. and counting.
    Goal weight: 195 lbs.

belinda is offline Senior Member
    Ok. I think I'm going to like reading about your journey

This is my favourite "Why My Ass Looks Better Than Yours: A Message to My Doctor". Made me snort out loud. At work.

skink531 is online now Senior Member
    Haha..that is good stuff. I've never done the Everclear strait(although, we were well acquainted in the past), but Bacardi 151 is another story. Same lesson learned though. Love the book titles. Why My Ass Looks Better Than Yours may be my favorite.

Congrats on the success and keep up the good work.

Have fun camera shopping. Maybe look for one with a lanyard that is covered in bubble-wrap.

Pink Grokoddess is offline Senior Member
    Your journal's gonna be fun! Keep us posted..
    "If you don't go after what you want, you'll never have it. If you don't ask, the answer is always no. If you don't step forward, you're always in the same place." Nora Roberts

Start December 20th 2010: 177 lbs
    Currant: 136 lbs
    Goal: 125 lbs
    11 more lbs to go

Follow My Journey :-)

@belinda Awesome, I live for people snorting out loud at inopportune moments. A friend of mine had a very bad moment at a Wedding once that I'm extremely proud of.

@skink Yeah, man, anything that smells like it'll ignite just being exposed to oxygen probably shouldn't be imbibed. Definitely won't be going there again. That's two votes for My Ass! Nice. I'll have to consider the bubble wrap thing for the camera, it saved the iPhone of a friend of mine who couldn't seem to keep from dropping hers on the floor. Something about narcolepsy and her being ridiculously high strung during the day.

@MCW Will do! Knowing the people I know and doing what I'm doing, I'm sure there will be plenty to share.
    Last edited by JTWolflied; 04-05-2011 at 12:28 AM.

Started off today with a Tabata session on an empty stomach. Which was awesome.

Quick question. The taste of blood on the back of your tongue after sprinting yourself into a fetal pile is just the body's way of saying "Atta kid!", right?

Now I'm thinking a nice pile of eggs and bacon with a half cup of assorted berries for the first meal.

The rest of the day: Writing time.

-Jeremy

In a completely unrelated topic, I love this video.

Talk about eating primal!

Today was one of those days. You know the kind. I was sitting at my desk, writing, the birds outside were singing under the dark overcast Arizona sky that was shining dimly in through my half-open shutters, and then SHE walked in...

I could tell right away she was trouble, but since I like that kind of thing, I didn't mind the dame interrupting me. Her glossy red lips curled upward from her perfect white teeth in a smile inspired by the devil himself, a promise of indulgences and distractions fluttering like black doves in the air between us. She walked over, hips doing a shimmy cha-cha that nearly broke my neck, and laid down a big plate of General Tso's chicken.

Heart breaking.

Needless to say, her bouncing down the steps out the front door was frowned upon by the neighbors, but that's just life in the cold, lonely city.

My carb count for today was a little bit higher than I'd have liked, right around 74 grams. I'm also finding some defficiencies in my diet I'm going to have to find some dietary fixes for, most notably my copper, manganese, thiamin, and potassium. It could be a while before I can add in organ meats, too. The % balance of food broke down as 53% fat, 32% protein, and 15% carbs.

Today was a rest day for activity, tomorrow's LHT which will probably be a Primal 5 since I haven't yet found anything heavy enough for me to dead lift with. The Tabata session yesterday was brutal and I loved it after I could walk without my legs feeling like I'd just boxed Chuck Liddell.

I was saving a square of Lindt dark 85% chocolate for later, but being the super attentive fellow that I am, I laid it down on a little black box. Which wouldn't really matter, except the little black box was an AC adapter, which it turns out gets pretty warm when in use. So I had semi-melted dark chocolate for an early afternoon desert instead.

Pages written so far in 2011: 104
    Poems written so far in 2011: 43
    Digital Cameras Broken in 2011: 1
    Awesomeness/Humility Ratio: Xs/Os

The Day's Theme Song:

Tomorrow: How Hard Can I Face-plant into the Sidewalk at the Park While Doing Handstands

Pink Grokoddess is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by JTWolflied View Post
    Pages written so far in 2011: 104
    Poems written so far in 2011: 43
    Digital Cameras Broken in 2011: 1
    Awesomeness/Humility Ratio: Xs/Os
    Ohhh I love poetry!
    "If you don't go after what you want, you'll never have it. If you don't ask, the answer is always no. If you don't step forward, you're always in the same place." Nora Roberts

Start December 20th 2010: 177 lbs
    Currant: 136 lbs
    Goal: 125 lbs
    11 more lbs to go

Follow My Journey :-)

@MCW - I have a blog where I keep some of it, I might post the link sometime.

So I woke up this morning, looked at the scale. I hadn't used it for a bit, thought I'd check things out. I'd found that for the last month and a half or so, I was on a plateau at 227. I'd get down to it and then be unable to break through. Bounce back up a couple lbs, come back down, nothing could bust the wall.

Today, 226. Not sure if that means future loss or not, but it felt damn good to see that plateau beat at least one day. Considering tossing the scale out now, kind of a stop while you're ahead sort of thing. I'm trying to drop the level of dairy a bit from the diet, but finding sources of fat to replace it is challenging right now. I've been eating salad with olive oil on it, using coconut oil for my eggs in the morning, keeping track on fitday to make sure I'm hitting my nutrient intake (added a multivitamin to try and make up some of the deficiencies). My cravings for sugar and refined flour are going away, whenever I get one I eat a couple little strawberries or blueberries. Seems to take care of it nicely. Overall, I'm enjoying this. Found a place in the park to do some Australian Pull-ups, so I can start working my way toward the real deal. Can't wait for that.

Pages written so far in 2011: 107
    Poems written so far in 2011: 44
    Scouter Power Level Goal: 9000!?
    Quote of the Day: Come With Me If You Want To Live.

The Day's Theme Song:

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast