Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: JTW's Journal: S*** Just Got Real. page 2

JTWolflied is offline Member
    So, let's see...

April. May. June. All three passed by.
    Then as you know, came one Hellish July.
    As I gazed off toward the red hand outside,
    The temp (115!) left the fence geckos fried (Mmm!).

Ah, the joys of living in the desert. Insane temperatures, poison spider bites, and sudden Haboobs which are not nearly as awesome as the name suggests.

And yet, in the heat and dust, a hidden refuge of win was found... after months of a plateau, JTW broke through. Yes, the numbers put up a daunting defense, a rough and tumble game of tag back-and-forth, looming over the field with the giant shadow of... 227. But with steadfast determination and non-stop discipline I... ok, no, not one freaking ounce of either one. I completely forsook the Primal ways for almost the entire three months, then started in on a new angle two weeks ago... and realized that I was actually eating more primally now than I was when I originally started eating primal. Go figure that it actually worked when done right.

Anyway, the results have been spectacular. In 2 weeks, I've lost 12 lbs of body fat down to 221 (6 lbs below my previous plateau). Another 6 lbs (6 days at this rate) and I'll be lower than I have been since high school. With a lot more muscle on the frame to boot. People say not to look at the scale, and that might be great advice for some, but I draw a lot of inspiration from doing it. Waking up and seeing yet another pound gone over-night and knowing because of my exercise habits, diet, and the mirror that it's not muscle loss is glorious.

Next: I take over the Iron Throne. Eat it, Lanisters.

http://youtu.be/0OWQXQgHgq8
    http://www.getmoneyout.com

Start: March 2011
    Start Weight: 245 lbs.
    Current Weight (November 2011): 208.4 lbs. and counting.
    Goal weight: 195 lbs.

skink531 is offline Senior Member
    Congrats on the weight loss. I'm jealous, I would love to be able to tell people "I was in a Haboob", just because it sounds cool. It's OK to use the scale for motivation, just don't go the other way when you see the occassional pound or 2 get added. My weight can fluctuate 5 lbs during the day.

Good luck with the Iron Throne. Remember to watch for those White Walkers.
    My blog: My Primal Adventure

"I've come here to chew bubble gum and kick ass...and I'm all out of bubble gum."

JTWolflied is offline Member
    Primal Blueprint Expert Certification
    Well, the weight loss keeps moving along. It's a bit slower now, more like .6 lb instead of 1.2 lbs on loss days. Current weight is at 217.6, things are progressing quite nicely. Kind of crazy to think that I started the year at 255 and now I'm down to 217. And a lot of that time I wasn't even tracking very closely what I was doing, just made sure I kept my carbs less than I was eating before. Now that I'm actually keeping an eye on the numbers, it seems to be much better.

So breakfast this morning... well, noon, not morning. Decided to try something new.

4 strips of uncured, organic (no nitrites, nitrates, hormones or antibiotics) "bacon" (isn't it just pork belly if it's uncured?)
    Fried in 1 tsp-1.5tsp (eyeballed it) of organic coconut oil (I wanted the coconut flavor for this meal).
    5 oz. of delicious skipjack tuna.
    1 oz macadamia nuts.
    2 good sized brazil nuts.

Roughly 716 calories, 59g fat, 3.8g carbs, 44.2g protein.

And delicious. And filling. I expect I won't be eating again until about 6pm.
    http://www.getmoneyout.com

Start: March 2011
    Start Weight: 245 lbs.
    Current Weight (November 2011): 208.4 lbs. and counting.
    Goal weight: 195 lbs.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12