Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Soybean oil in Paleo Brands dinners. page

bwhit is offline Senior Member

Soybean oil in Paleo Brands dinners.

Dear People Making Paleo Products: Can you lose the soybean oil? | Hunt.Gather.Love.

Mark had included this in his Link Love this weekend. Soybean oil?

O_O
    O_O is offline Senior Member
    Soybean oil is cheap. I see it is a part of the mayonnaise in the recipe and there is mayo available without soybean oil.

But why buy these pre packaged foods? Paleo meals can be whipped up in a jiffy even for a lazy home cook.

Want convenience then sometimes you have to accept substandard ingredients.
    Last edited by O_O; 04-04-2011 at 08:51 AM.

Yeah but soybean oil is one of the least paleo things there is.

O_O
    Don't buy it!

I wouldn't but I don't use convenience foods.

I wouldn't buy it, I just find it lame.

Owly is offline Senior Member
    My convenience food? Eggs. I can cook up eggs faster than any frozen meal, add some vegetables, either in or beside, and it's a perfect meal. I also cook large batches of my own real food and freeze some for those days when there's not time to cook. Pre-packaged "paleo" meals seem (at least in my mind) to run completely contrary to the reason I started this lifestyle in the first place.
    “If I didn't define myself for myself, I would be crunched into other people's fantasies for me and eaten alive.” --Audre Lorde

Owly's Journal

O_O
    Pre-packaged "paleo" meals seem (at least in my mind) to run completely contrary to the reason I started this lifestyle in the first place
    Excellent point.

Even if I wanted to try frozen prepared meals I couldn't. I don't own a microwave nor do I want or need one!

bokbadok is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by O_O View Post
    Even if I wanted to try frozen prepared meals I couldn't. I don't own a microwave nor do I want or need one!
    And I bet you get gasps of disbelief when you tell most people this. I lived without a microwave for 2 years after my 2 yr-old fried it by starting it with no food in it. It was an adjustment for sure, but we did JUST. FINE. I also did dishes by hand in that house. Ah, the simple life.
    42 yo female; 5'8"
    Oct 2009: 205 lbs
    Dec 2010: 167 lbs
    Current weight: 158 lbs (first time under 160 in 17 years!!!)
    Goal weight: 145 lbs

LJH
    LJH is offline Senior Member
    Pre-packaged paleo - now that's the definition of an oxymoron.

O_O
    The first thing I often hear when someone comes over is where's your microwave. My response is as always it is at the Salvation Army!

I didn't like leftovers reheated in it and I never cooked it in. If I went out and bought one I would have no idea what to do with it. Just a waste of space for me.

For lunch today I had leftover roasted chicken with some skin, spaghetti squash and brussel sprouts. So while the baby sprouts were steaming I heated up a non stick pan, misted it with some EVOO and warmed my chicken and squash. Lunch took about 7 minutes. And I didn't have to listen to the familiar food sounding like it was popping or exploding. Clean up oh about 3 mintues.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast