Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: WOO! Bread hurts now! page

milkycereal is offline Senior Member

WOO! Bread hurts now!

Shop Now
    Last night i lost control and had a chunk of cake and two slices of white bread. That same night i had the worst bloating and stomach cramps...

So that on top of the fact i've realized im "sugar sensitive" has convinced me to really cut out the crap. It truly messes with my head. Problem is ive delt with mental addictions before, but nothing with real, physical withdrawl symptoms. Seriously more than a day without bread or alot of sugar and i feel like im made of lead and im all lethargic and stuff.

Theres a book i read last night, "Potatos not Prozac" that said keeping you BG stable and having a potato before bedtime will help boost my seritonin which i so desperatly need. Can anyone vouche for this? Cause it also said quitting cold turkey sets you up for failure because your brain will make more recievers so when you do eat bread again you go straight to the moon. I can vouche for that one...

Any tips for kicking a very real addiction?
    Last edited by milkycereal; 04-04-2011 at 08:27 AM. Reason: Stupid ipod

Blah and my fingers smell like cake still... Here comes the beast...

O_O
    O_O is offline Senior Member
    Carbohyrates boost seratonin. I would choose sweet potato over white potato for more nutrients.

Cardiovascular exercise boosts the feel good hormones.

Why do you keep that kind of food in the house? You can make alternatives that will taste great to other members of your household if you dont live alone.

BigNoseDog is offline Junior Member
    I've read that people who break an addiction do so through substitution. For example, I have an addiction to sweets. But instead of having candy, I eat fruit to satisfy my craving for sweets.

because im one primal familly member out of four non primals. I can't make them change their eating habits because of me, especially my little brother he's 17 he doesnt give a fuck.

My mom loves to bake and my dad is where I got my sugar addiction from. He's the one that taught me the joy of coco-pebbles or the bottom of a bowl of rice crispies...

This is definatly the missing piece to feeling good though. I've been eating healthy for months now and at times I've inexplicably felt worse! It made no sense that the day after a cake binge i'd feel good and ready to take on the world.

I'm gonna ease myself off this crap with sweet potatoes and fruit. Fruit never did me wrong and never triggers binges for me, they just take the edge off

O_O
    O_O is offline Senior Member
    Banana might be beneficial for you too. Slice it and put some ground cinnamon on it. Even better slice it, freeze it then top with some ground cinnamon.

bokbadok is offline Senior Member
    Last night i lost control and had a chunk of cake and two slices of white bread. That same night i had the worst bloating and stomach cramps...

So that on top of the fact i've realized im "sugar sensitive" has convinced me to really cut out the crap. It truly messes with my head. Problem is ive delt with mental addictions before, but nothing with real, physical withdrawl symptoms. Seriously more than a day without bread or alot of sugar and i feel like im made of lead and im all lethargic and stuff.
    Absolutely. The pain from eating the crap is one thing, but the insidious side effect of insatiable cravings is what gives me pause when I am tempted to partake. It's birthday season at my house (5 birthdays in 2 1/2 months - one of which is mine). On March 13, I succumbed to temptation and had a slice of cake. It took me two weeks to feel like I was back to Primal normal again, as far as being craving free. In the meantime, my thyroid and adrenal markers got worse. It has only been in the last week that my body temperature is rising gradually back up where it should be.

So in addition to the gut-pain and hangover/cravings, I also believe that grains/sugar are anti-thyroid and adrenal. At least for this chick.
    42 yo female; 5'8"
    Oct 2009: 205 lbs
    Dec 2010: 167 lbs
    Current weight: 158 lbs (first time under 160 in 17 years!!!)
    Goal weight: 145 lbs

I'm gonna ease myself off this crap with sweet potatoes and fruit. Fruit never did me wrong and never triggers binges for me, they just take the edge off
    I have found that even white potatoes do not cause me to crave carbs like grains do. Of course, I still eat them in moderation, and only rarely at that.
    42 yo female; 5'8"

Quote Originally Posted by bokbadok View Post
    I have found that even white potatoes do not cause me to crave carbs like grains do. Of course, I still eat them in moderation, and only rarely at that.
    Any tips for fighting off cravings? I just had a craving for nuts that i quieted with four tall glasses of water lol

Quote Originally Posted by milkycereal View Post
    Any tips for fighting off cravings? I just had a craving for nuts that i quieted with four tall glasses of water lol
    Actually, yes. I use yerba mate in water with lemon and stevia. The Wisdom Naturals brand (you can get it at iHerb) is an instant form and you can drink it hot or cold (I prefer cold).
    42 yo female; 5'8"

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast