Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: coconut milk in fridge? page

Hilde is offline Member

coconut milk in fridge?

Shop Now
    How long can you keep an opened can of coconut milk in the fridge? I keep it in an airtight container but I'm not sure how long it takes before it goes bad. Any advice?

naiadknight is online now Senior Member
    I keep mine in a jar in the fridge. Before I use it, I open it and take whiff. If it smells off, it is. If it's changed colors, it's gone south. Generally, I can get 2-3 weeks, but that 3rd week is REALLY stretching it.
    "No fate but what we make"- Sarah Connor, Terminator 2
    Life is not a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in a pretty and well preserved body, but rather to skid in broadside, thoroughly used up, totally worn out, steak in one hand, chocolate in the other, yelling "Holy F***, What a Ride!"
    My Primal Battle Tome

iniQuity is online now Senior Member
    My can said refrigerate after opening, store in non-metallic container (THEN WHY PUT IT IN A CAN damn it) and use within 3 days. Though the 3 day rule could be a "... and please buy some more of our product, faster." type of thing.

gunn parker is offline Senior Member
    I had half a can for two weeks and it was still good. Just take a BIG sniff and look at it. If it smells or looks a bit furry, ditch it.

Dino Babe is offline Junior Member
    If you aren't gonna use it in the few (5) days after you open it, just bung it in the freezer. Otherwise, if you are trying to decide if something you put in the fridge earlier that month is still okay, look at it, smell it, taste it, you'll know!
    "Experience is the name everyone gives to their mistakes." - Oscar Wilde

"Insanity: doing the same thing over and over again and expecting different results" - Albert Einstein

"Forever is composed of nows" - Emily Dickinson

dragonmamma is offline Senior Member
    If I'm not using an entire can, I always transfer it to another container. (Like a glass jar with a screw on lid.) Once I lost a jar in back of the fridge, but it was still good more than two weeks later.

Hilde is offline Member
    Thanks a lot, really helped.

Rip City is offline Senior Member
    I use the magic bullet, the containers fit a can perfectly, and I like to blend the cans before refrigeration to help with the seperation. I go through the milk so fast (2-4 cans a week between two daily coffee drinkers) I can't comment on the life of it, but I would imagine 1-2 weeks no problem.

heatseeker is offline Senior Member
    I don't think I've ever not finished a can of coconut milk within a few days. I probably go through 5 cans a week. That said, if I were attempting to store it, I'd put it in a jar and probably try to use it within 10-ish days.

mayness is offline Senior Member
    About 2 weeks is what I usually can manage. Just smell it - as soon as that stuff goes bad, you KNOW. It can be 100% fine one day, and the next day when you sniff it, it's unbearably awful. =P
    "mayness, you need to have a siggy line that says "Paleo Information Desk" or something!" -FMN <3

I'm blogging again, at least a little bit.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast