Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Nature's Path of Well Being; Dana's Perspectives page

zsadie is offline Senior Member

Nature's Path of Well Being; Dana's Perspectives

Primal Fuel
    I've been following MDA since November of 2010. I've read the PB book, tried many of the recipes in the cookbook, and suggestions in the forum; all met with great enthusiasm, positive energy and a great sense that I belong to something special, the human race. We humans are capable of so many positive beautiful things that bring happy tears to my eyes!!! After reading the Primal Blueprint, I've come to appreciate just what humans are, what I am, and the potential for a beautiful not so distant future. I'm here to reconnect myself with a past that may have been long forgotten, but is still a major part of who we are today.

The concepts behind the Primal Blueprint all ring true to my whole being and it is my goal to reach the power within myself to heal the damage I've done from past unhealthy habits, to feel whole, and have the energy and unwavering happy passion to go forth and pursue my lifelong dreams.

I truly believe that the junk I've put in my body over the past decade or so has created a nasty monster within me that craves the junk, that is spoiled to a T, and whines and complains when it doesn't get its way. This monster raises it's ugly head more often than I care to admit and causes myself to sink into bouts of serious depression, where I further damage and hide who I am. (my monster self portrait is below). It is that side of myself that I've unwittingly allowed to take over and mask who I am.

In the past few months, I have slipped far and away from following a lifestyle that is in balance with myself, physically, mentally, intellectually and spiritually even though I told myself at the beginning of the year that I would keep my promises to myself. I couldn't live another year of disappointment and shattering the goals I've laid out for myself. I am to blame for making bad choices and I'm way overdue for changing that evil side of me.

As of now, my stats stand thusly:

weight: 172
    height: 5' 2"
    build: medium

bust: 40"
    waist: 34"
    belly: 40"
    hip: 41"
    thighs: 24"
    arms: 13"
    neck: 15"

My first goal is to eat at home for the next week, incorporating as much foods as I can that are found in nature. (meat, fish, veggies, fruit, nuts, & natural oils)

I will track the food I eat in a journal

I will walk everyday

With every step of the way my ultimate goal is to feel free, balanced, blissfully happy, full of energy and truly healthy. The following epitomizes of how I wish to feel:

I've taken other steps this year to follow a path that is closer to who I am. I am breaking up with my boyfriend of 5 years and moving back to Colorado. I'm simplifying my life to the point of selling things I've hung on to for no practical reason, packing just what I can in my car and hitting the road come early May. My life will be spent rescuing horses, seeking an artistic path, and spending time with those closest to me. A new chapter of my life has begun, and it is my whole hearted intention to make my lifelong dreams come true.
    Last edited by zsadie; 04-27-2011 at 10:18 AM.
    "Achievement begins with belief."

"Do not go where the path may lead; go instead where there is no path and leave a trail." -Ralph Waldo Emerson-

http://www.marksdailyapple.com/forum/thread27309.html

outlaw48 is offline Member
    It sounds exciting to leave it all behind, especially all the 'stuff'! Best of luck and post often.

Thank you! same to you!

"Do not go where the path may lead; go instead where there is no path and leave a trail." -Ralph Waldo Emerson-

Day two of my Primal Lifestyle

My focus is on the food for now, but to slowly but surely incorporate more exercise.

Move frequently at a slow pace:
    I walked with co-workers outside around the parking lot this morning

Eat Meat, Fish, Vegetables, Fruit, Nuts, Fats, and Oils
    Breakfast
    greek yogurt (full fat)
    raspberries
    blueberries
    walnuts
    tsp of honey

lunch:
    avocado slices rolled in turkey slices
    cottage cheese (4% milk fat)
    grapes

snack:
    jerky, the real stuff!

dinner:
    Italian Chicken
    Herb mixed salad and green beans
    Olive oil dressing and oregano seasoning

Today marks my own personal 30 day challenge. I'm cutting out grains, fast food junk, and reducing my processed sugar intake dramatically. I will walk everyday, sprint whenever I feel up for it ( I used to love sprinting when I was a little girl, I know I have it in me still. =D)

Breakfast:

Fage Total Greek Yogurt with 2 chopped dates
    green tea (unsweetened)
    water
    half a grapefruit (no sweetener; I never thought I'd see the day where I could eat grapefruit with out a sprinkling of sugar! I love it plain now!

Lunch
    edit: slight change in my salad ingredients!
    herb greens
    spinach
    feta cheese
    cherry tomatoes
    mushrooms
    pecans
    sunflower seeds
    vinegar olive oil dressing
    roasted chicken slices

Dinner
    chicken
    broccoli

snacks/desserts
    jerky slice
    dark chocolate

exercise
    walk the stairs at work during break times
    push-ups against the counter
    Last edited by zsadie; 04-22-2011 at 11:42 AM.

AverageJoe is offline Junior Member
    Congrats on starting to change your life. Don't give up if you slip up once in a while.

Thank you AverageJoe! I slipped for two months this year, but I'm back on track today. I'm glad I haven't given up on myself, but those two months were a dark hole I can tell you that much! Today I feel one step closer to ultimate health. =D

I really really really enjoyed my lunch today. It was absolutely fantastic! Since going organic, it's been hard for me to even stomach the normal conventional produce, in a pinch yes, but I have to admit, there is a marked difference in the freshness and quality of organic produce, not to mention optimally healthy raised meat!

Yesterday was a bit of screw up, with Easter and having to run around all over the place, I had a mix of primal and non-primal foods, (mostly non-primal). And why, I must know did I have a mad craving for donuts? As a donut fryer for a couple of months 14 years ago, I haven't been much of a donut fan, maybe once every 3-4 months I might have ONE. It hit me this weekend that I really wanted a donut!! Weirdness! So ended up giving into my donut craving, and I had WAAAY too many! I don't even want to know how many carbs I consumed. With that, however, I'm back on track today.....

Breakfast
    Raspberries
    blueberries
    blackberries
    coconut milk
    slight drizzle of agave syrup
    green tea

Starbucks run! Tall Mocha

Lunch
    Leafy herbs
    chicken (both dark and white meat)
    radishes
    english cucumber slices
    mushrooms
    cherry tomatoes
    avocado
    sunflower seeds
    olive oil and red wine dressing

have to say, it was one of the best salads I threw together! Yummy!!

Dinner
    Hamburger patty
    green apple slice (lightly toasted on either side)
    raspberry dressing
    herb lettuce
    feta cheese

dessert

dark chocolate square

I was still a little hungry after my salad, so I'm munching on a Bumble Bar!

Primal Blueprint Expert Certification
    I've been trying to shake off some kind of flu or cold bug that started a week ago, but hit me hard this weekend, and most especially yesterday. I wasn't great diet wise yesterday either.

Breakfast
    Egg sandwich on hamburger bun w/bacon and cheese
    green tea

Lunch
    Tomato soup (Campbell's of course)
    Half a grilled ham and cheese sandwich
    earl grey tea w/lemon and honey

Dinner
    2 small pizza slices
    soda

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast