Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Primal Journal - outlaw48 page

outlaw48 is offline Member

Primal Canuck

Primal Fuel
    Last edited by outlaw48; 01-29-2012 at 07:07 AM. Reason: photo added

Flaura is offline Senior Member
    Your food looks sooo good! Where do you get duck?
    (field) journal
    primal start-weight (3/11): 154
    current weight (8/25/2012): 141

Greensprout is offline Senior Member
    Greetings from the city. Your foods look fantastic. I think I need to find some local ducks for this year. We've been getting chickens from the Hutterites, a few sources of grass fed beef & lamb, and pastured pork. Today I scored some free range eggs from Steinbach (5 dozen). And managed to get in to a CSA for the summer. You should check out the asian markets in the north end for interesting ingredients too.

As for supplements, I take omega 3, vit D and magnesium. I found last summer with the vit D that I didn't sunburn when I previously would have, and when I did get a bit pink it went away quickly. The magnesium took away the nightime calf cramps I had started getting, and is good for keeping the insides moving well. Otherwise, I add a multivitamin for good measure, though I'm starting to wonder if it's worth bothering if I'm eating well. Remnant from CW, perhaps.

Quote Originally Posted by
    Beer and wine really hamper those efforts which is why I was really fearful while staring down the scale this today. I was weighing daily but decided to end that practice because progress is nearly immeasurable day to day. So, I decided to do it today to see if my slight booze indulgence had nudged me back over 200.

Fuckin' A! It may not seem like a milestone number but, according to FitDay, it puts me in the [I
    "healthy weight"[/I] range BMI by 0.1 lbs. Sweet. On a long journey every mile counts. I'm high about it.
    Yay!!! So happy for you! Beer and wine are my main vices too. I can go days without either, but once I have a glass, I generally end up having 2 glasses. I think it definitely does hinder weight loss, but it looks like you're doing everything else right and the proof is on the scale! Nicely done!

So thankful I never took up smoking. My boyfriend was a smoker, but thankfully he quit at New Years, and has stuck with it. I told him I wouldn't nag him about it, it had to be his choice. But one time he slipped up and had 1. I don't know why he told me about it, but I was pretty upset. He kept telling me that he wanted to be able to have 1 once in awhile. But he definitely can't pull it off. I think some people can. But he cannot. And he hasn't smoked one since then, that I'm aware of. Of course, maybe he just stopped telling me about it, Ha! Anyway, good luck to you with the smoking battle!

Keep on with the healthy changes, they are obviously doing you good!
    (field) journal

come on, don't give up now. Back on the wagon!
    (field) journal

Quote Originally Posted by outlaw48 View Post
    Thank you, readership of one...

I also am starting a 30 day challenge, to which I will draft the rules and post later today. I'm on nights so I have the day to myself to draft this challenge, get a pack of smokes, some chocolate, a big piping hot, squishy, cheesy pizza, and some sugary coffee derivative from the local barista.

In case you hadn't guessed, the challenge will start tomorrow.
    Haha, yeah, you gotta be one of the cool-kids if you want a readership around here

Glad to see you upping the ante and going for the 30 day challenge! You won't regret it! There is a journal for all of us doing the May challenge, so you can post your goals there, too. Better late than never.
    (field) journal

belinda is offline Senior Member
    Just wanted to let you know you now have a readership of 2. Get your shit back together
    Newcomers: If you haven't read the book, at least read this thread ... and all the links!
    http://www.marksdailyapple.com/forum/thread17722.html

F/49/5'4"
    Jan. 1, 2011: 186.6 lbs PBSW Mar. 1, 2011: 175.8 lbs
    CW: 146.8 lbs
    GW 140 lbs
    A proud member of PETA: People Eating Tasty Animals

Calibunny is offline Member
    Make that 3...and there are some hockey fans here, even in California. Go Kings! (next season)

Congrats on a week and a half without cigarettes!! That is pretty huge. And good luck with the rest of the goals.

I love the whack-a-mole analogy. That is exactly how I have been feeling. I have a hard time remembering all 10 goals, let alone keeping them at the top of my mind everyday. And even when I've accomplished 5 goals in one day, there are 5 others that I've likely forgotten. I think from here on out I'm going to focus on one or two goals at a time before moving on.
    (field) journal

whalersgirl is offline Junior Member
    Hey. Just thought I'd send some positive thoughts your way - I know it can be hard to stick to the PB way of eating when it's still new, but think of it like this: if you can quit nicotine, which is an incredibly powerful and addictive drug, you can get anything going when you stick your mind to it fully. Hope you're still going strong with the no smoking and you're finding your way back to eating like you want to

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast