Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Variety of Strength training at HOME page

echoyjeff222 is offline Senior Member

Variety of Strength training at HOME

Shop Now
    I don't have access to a gym, so I was wondering if you guys could share a VARIETY of different exercises so that my muscles don't get habituated with the same type over and over again. And also how to do them (reps, sets?)

Right now I'm just doing pushups and pullups, along with some ab exercises.

thanks!
    feel free to take a look at my journal!

http://www.marksdailyapple.com/forum...primal-journal!

The Big L is offline Senior Member
    There are a huge variety of exercises you can do with pushups and pullups just by varying grips and body position. Some might say that your strength gains are going to be relatively modest with bodyweight exercises. However, you can very easily tailor your routine for strength IMO. If you can do...

- 5 one-armed pullups with each arm
    - 10 unassisted handstand pushups
    - 5 one-armed decline pushups with your feet up on the bed
    - 10 pistol squats with each leg

...then I think you have a lot of strength. Not enough for you? Then add a 50lb weight vest and try again.

Primal Toad is offline Senior Member
    Download Marks Primal Blueprint Fitness e-book. Its free. All you have to do is sign up for his newsletter. Do the 5 essential primal movements and/or the WOW 2-3 times per week.

Do this and your golden.
    Find me at aToadontheRoad.com. Cheers!

The Big L is offline Senior Member
    Eh, I got off on a tangent and didn't really answer your question very clearly or directly. Sorry about that. What was I talking about again? Oh yeah...mixing up grips and whatnot. It would help to know what you're currently doing for pullups/pushups/abs. What different grips you use, whether you use a weighted vest, what your rep/set schemes are like, etc.

Dragonfly is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Primal Toad View Post
    Download Marks Primal Blueprint Fitness e-book. Its free. All you have to do is sign up for his newsletter. Do the 5 essential primal movements and/or the WOW 2-3 times per week.

Do this and your golden.
    +1

gordo is offline Senior Member
    I got a power rack on craigslist. I do squats, presses, deadlifts, everything you do in a gym I do at home. No fees, no commute, no crowds. And I can always get my money back out of it whenever I want.

Gordo

nickoli1 is offline Junior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by gordo View Post
    I got a power rack on craigslist. I do squats, presses, deadlifts, everything you do in a gym I do at home. No fees, no commute, no crowds. And I can always get my money back out of it whenever I want.

Gordo
    +1 to this. i just found the deal of a lifetime. a 300lb olympic weight set with a curling bar and a heavy duty bench for......75 dollars! seriously, i thought it was a trick. you probably won't be as lucky as me, but i see them regularly for 150 or so, and you can ALWAYS resell weights

Skull Pilot is offline Junior Member
    I found this guy before I found primal. He is as hard core primal as it gets

RossTraining.com - Never Gymless

Al_Kavadlo is offline Senior Member
    I've got lots of free content on my blog about bodyweight training, like this post about no-equipment workouts or this one about mastering your bodyweight. If you like those, take a look around the rest of the site. I've got tons of info to keep your at home workouts fresh and challenging.
    "In theory, theory and practice are the same. In practice, they couldn't be more different."

"You can have anything you want, but you can't have everything you want."

My blog: http://www.AlKavadlo.com

Dutchie is offline Member
    Really informational site you have.
    Anyway,I have a question.

After years of obsessive compulsive chronic cardioing 5 days a week and still felt like I wasn't doing enough,bc I couldn't lose my belly,now I know why.It was bc of sugar&gluten...and because I have Lyme disease.
    For once in my life I'd like to be able to workout for the right reasons,which is to get strong so I can beat the Lyme,and not have it be about the amount of food eaten anymore or anxiety of getting fat.
    So,I was wondering if the workouts on your site would be suitable for me?how to go about this?(have you ever trained someone similar?)
    I can't do running/sprinting due to inflammation/pain in my kneejoints. Also I need to keep Cortisol down,bc of my own chronic cardioing&mental stress together with Lyme,I think I really fatigued my glands and all the fat immediately packs on my stomach! Though I need a little fat to pack on my upper body,grow my boobs back!

I'd love to be able to hire a personal trainer such as yourself,but that's financially impossible,I can't even financially afford going to the gym.(That might be an upside in a weird sense,maybe my brain will finally learn that you don't have to go to the gym daily for several hours in order to get good results....and it will finally shut up and stop sabotaging my thoughts/moods!)

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast