I made some sauerkraut, after letting it ferment for 3 days a la Nourishing Traditions I was going to transfer it from my crock to jars and put it in the fridge like I usually do. However, this time there's mold on the top of it. Can I just scrape the mold off and still eat the sauerkraut or would I be better off just throwing it out?
As long as the kraut is submerged in the brine, it's just fine. Scrape off the mold and you have no problems.
That's what I ended up doing. I learned that warmer temps contribute to more mold, and since it doesn't usually get moldy I guess that's the cause.