Thread: Headaches and Energy page

SK1
    SK1 is offline Member

Primal Fuel

I have been eating primal for about 1 month now. I am very excited about the benefits of the lifestyle - it's been a slow road for me though full of monitoring, since I have type 1 diabetes.

The fact that my cravings are mostly gone is amazing to me.

I do have headaches sometimes in the afternoons, I think perhaps because of carb-withdrawal. I was really hoping they'd be gone by now, after 4 weeks, yet they still crop up occasionally (like right now as I'm typing this).

Also, I'm not feeling energetic like I'm supposed to yet...still pretty normal, though somewhat tired. I haven't added a primal exercise routine into my life yet, so I am hoping when I do that, my energy will increase. Anyone else have experience with this?

Right now I feel like I've been ignoring exercising while I am trying to get my eating habits in the right place, and I miss it. I feel like my strength is down, too.

EGYnutrition is offline Senior Member

Might want to check your electrolytes, make sure your getting all your vitamins and minerals.

On top of that, a lot of the time when people switch over to a lower carb eating pattern, they might pick up some artificial sweeteners from sugar-free sodas and gums... particularly aspartame. Are you doing this?

Also, do you have any diagnosed underlying conditions like hypothyroidism? Or adrenal fatigue? Things that produce symptoms of headaches...

In Pursuit of Healthiness, Only to Achieve Happiness!: www.livingnotsurviving.com

rphlslv is offline Senior Member

I used to have the same problem only a week or two ago - headaches almost everyday during class. Then I began to consume a lot more fats - butter and olive oil over everything. I believe you have to do this, or else your body will not fully transition into fat-burning mode. Once you have done so, you will find that you can go hours, or even days without eating because you will be burning stored fat for energy. It's amazing! Don't give up.

.`.><((((> .`.><((((>.`.><((((>.`.><(( ((>
    ><((((> .`.><((((>.`.><((((>.`.><(( ((>

Lovestoclimb is offline Senior Member

90% of the time people get headaches from being under-hydrated. I always chug a big glass of water when I feel something like that coming on to make sure that&#39;s not the case.

I grok, therefore I am.