Page 7 of 7 FirstFirst ... 567

Thread: My Blood Glucose Experiment Scary Results page 7

Kelda is offline Senior Member
    Understood!

If you fancy a bit of fun comparing yours with none other than Mr G Taubes check out this link, he just posted his results ...

http://www.garytaubes.com/blog/

Kelda
    Seeking the natural way in a modern world ...

Sharonll is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Kelda View Post
    Understood!

If you fancy a bit of fun comparing yours with none other than Mr G Taubes check out this link, he just posted his results ...

Blog | Gary Taubes | Gary Taubes

Kelda
    Okay, that was fun! To my undereducated eyes, it looks like Mr. Taubes and I are pretty similar. I wonder why? LOL! Thanks.

I thought that too, strange eh!

I thought that too, strange eh!
    Of course, if you read the bizarre thread on here about Taubes' bloodwork, you might think mine looks pretty bad, too. Fortunately, you're far smarter than that.

Hi, again!

Just out of interest I ran your numbers (anonymously of course!) by the Art De Vany crowd because I love numbers and we don't do this kind of bloodwork in the UK (!) and all thought they looked good but Art's comment was the funniest which I think you'll appreciate ...

"It sounds like the labs are making out like bandits with all these useless tests. Then the doctor and pharmaceutical company come in for the rest of your money. Then you have to come back and do it all over again later to see how the numbers are doing. They are just numbers. Toss it all out. "

:-)

Hi, again!

Just out of interest I ran your numbers (anonymously of course!) by the Art De Vany crowd because I love numbers and we don't do this kind of bloodwork in the UK (!) and all thought they looked good but Art's comment was the funniest which I think you'll appreciate ...

"It sounds like the labs are making out like bandits with all these useless tests. Then the doctor and pharmaceutical company come in for the rest of your money. Then you have to come back and do it all over again later to see how the numbers are doing. They are just numbers. Toss it all out. "

YES! You just made my day. And Art himself, no less! Thank you, thank you, thank you!

skookum is offline Senior Member
    Hi, again!

IMHO - Numbers don't matter. The only criteria of health is how you feel. Your own assessment of your sense of well-being, strength and vitality are the only ones that are applicable to you. Those numbers are not indicators of health... they are indicators of how a substance in your body compares to that subtance in other American's bodies. Is that what you really want to know, how you stack up to an unhealthy peer group? De Vany has it right on - Toss those numbers out!

Quote Originally Posted by Sharonll View Post
    YES! You just made my day. And Art himself, no less! Thank you, thank you, thank you!
    Reading your reaction is what makes this wonderful digital community so worthwhile :-)

Adrianag is offline Senior Member
    -
    - Gut pathology is big. If you are not eating gelatin or the collagen parts of animals, do that. It helps a lot. Coconut is awesome.
    - You need more calories, much of it as coconut, some as fibrous vegetables. Coconut will decrease your glucose needs. Right now you are breaking down dietary protein to make glucose and it is keeping your blood sugar high.
    Stabby do you have a recommendation for how much coconut for a 150 # woman? And what is best - milk, oil, fresh chunks, dried, creamed?

Adrianag is offline Senior Member
    Primal Blueprint Expert Certification
    Fasting blood glucose: 87
    So...did you carb load 150 gr/ day for 3 days prior? If so, how?

Page 7 of 7 FirstFirst ... 567