Page 5 of 15 FirstFirst ... 34567 ... LastLast

Thread: Flaura eats Fauna (and fungi) page 5

Flaura is offline Senior Member
    Shop Now
    Breakfast: 2 cups coffee w/HWC 3 slices bacon
    Snack: 1/2 lara bar (apple), 1 small Breve
    Lunch: Avocado stuffed with shrimp ceviche, 1 glass wine
    Snack: 1/2 lara bar
    Dinner: another glass of wine, ~6 oz beef tenderloin (cold)

Activities:
    Sprinting session, walking around on the beach and walking to the grocery store, lifted heavy things out of a moving van.

outlaw48 is offline Member
    Thank you for your encouragement. How's your 30 dayer going?

this is my first attempt to post an image, so we'll see if it works. This is a pic of the delicious and beautiful mussels I cooked up in some tomatoes, garlic, onion, and white wine. Simple and delicious!

In other news: it was a Monday, and not just in the calendar sense of the word. Work has been particularly stressful. I did walk to and from work. But I did not fast until 1 like I planned. I ended up eating my brunch at 11:30ish.

Food:
    B: 2 cups coffee w/HWC
    L: 1/2 C sauteed peppers, onions and zucchinis, ~6 oz beef tenderloin, 1 oz cow cheese
    S: a cup of tea and 2 cups chocolate flavored Yerba Mate
    D: 1 glass white wine, ~10 mussels steamed in tomato/garlic/onion/wine broth, 1 oz goat cheese, 1/2 oz cow cheese

Activity:
    Walking to and from work (~1/2 hour each way) might lift some heavy stuff in a bit
    Last edited by Flaura; 05-09-2011 at 08:25 PM.
    (field) journal
    primal start-weight (3/11): 154
    current weight (8/25/2012): 141

Quote Originally Posted by outlaw48 View Post
    Thank you for your encouragement. How's your 30 dayer going?
    I'm on day 9! I have not had sugar, chocolate, or beer. I'm doing better on the fitness aspect, too. And you know what? It's getting easier. I highly recommend it.

Food:
    B: 2 cups black coffee, 3 slices bacon, 2 eggs
    L: mussels in tomato broth
    S: iced latte
    D: coconut water, an entire package of deli meat (black forest ham)
    S: a handful of dried blueberries

Activity:
    Walked to/from work

So, I was feeling like my challenge wasn't challenging enough. I was going to give up all dairy and alcohol. But then I got another challenge, which is this weekend. Turns out I am going to be able to hang out with the SO after all. Which is awesome. I am going to get to go kayaking for the first time, too! The only unawesome part is that I still haven't explained the whole concept of PB to him yet. And I really don't want to have that conversation yet. I guess I'm just really sensitive to other people's perception of my diet due to being a vegetarian for 11 years. I basically grew up with constantly having to explain myself, being judged, funny looks, preaching, etc. I got to the point where I hate discussing it with people. It is easy to stick with the challenge when I am living alone, preparing meals for myself, and eating alone for the most part.

I love social gatherings that are based around food, though. I will highly enjoy BBQing up some oysters this weekend, but I'm not going to commit to not having a glass of wine with them. And if wine is the worst I do, I will be lucky! I will probably have cheese too, it would be hard to go to Tillamook and not eat Tillamook cheese, right?

Maybe I can commit to only drinking alcohol on social occasions. That sounds like a good compromise.
    Last edited by Flaura; 05-10-2011 at 10:41 PM.

Food:
    B: black coffee, banana w/ sunflower seed butter
    S: small latte
    L: 3-4 oz Beef tenderloin
    S: Kombucha
    D: a handful of walnuts, 4 slices bacon, sauteed peppers, onions, zucchini, and mushrooms

Activity:
    Walk to and from work. Also, I finally read the PB fitness guide and decided to implement the 5 essential movements this morning. Well, 4 of them anyway. I still don't know what the overhead press is all about. So anyway I did 3 sets of each:
    Pullups:4, 2, 2 (negatives, I'm almost there!)
    Pushups:6, 8, 11
    Squats:20, 24, 20
    Planks:32s, 42s, 38s
    Lunges: 1 set of 30

I feel like the PB fitness is worth giving a shot. I am excited to be able to do a pullup. On the other hand I feel like a lot of those moves are already incorporated into yoga. But I will still do yoga. I get bored with routine, so I'm never going to be super anal and results-oriented. But the main thing is that I'm doing something in terms of fitness.

I'm on the 11th day of my challenge. I still haven't given up dairy obviously, but I'm sticking with my goals in all other aspects. And it's day 2 without alcohol!

Coconut Girl is offline Senior Member
    omg, mussel hunting AND mushroom hunting?!!! YES PLEASE!!! i think it may be too late, but my friend is supposed to be moving back to portland in september and i'm supposed to be going up with her... if that's the case--i would LOVE to join you on an excursion!!!!!!

good luck on the challenge! i think the only challenge i could do is to go without coconut oil--but... i'm kind of like a crack addict with it... LMAO i dunno though, i might not be able to afford it for a while so i should probably start using it more wisely :| lol

mussel hunting AND mushroom hunting?!!! YES PLEASE!!! i think it may be too late, but my friend is supposed to be moving back to portland in september and i'm supposed to be going up with her... if that's the case--i would LOVE to join you on an excursion!!!!!!
    Lets make this happen!! I am on the Southern OR Coast right now. September is a hunting/gathering free-for-all down here. If I am not trying to kill an elk I will most likely be picking mushrooms, or huckleberries. The chantrelles should just be coming on (depending on when the first rain comes) and when they do they come on full force- I had never seen anything like it until I moved here. Apparently chantrelles love reprod. Who woulda guessed?

Gosh now I'm all excited to play in the woods and I don't wanna go to work...
    (field) journal

Yesterday:
    B: Black coffee, 2 fried eggs, pesto
    L: a lot of walnuts, maybe 1/2 C. or more, an apple, 1 oz goat cheese
    D: 2 ground beef pattys, probably 5 oz, 1/3 C. Sauerkraut
    S: a banana, coffee w/half&half

Activity:
    Moved around slowly a lot as I spent the better part of the workday out in the woods teaching kids about bugs, which I consider to be play as well.

Got my sunshine in and got to play. Haven't been getting to bed as early as I would like these days, and I haven't been IFing. This was day 13 of the challenge. I managed to avoid sugar, chocolate, beer(and all alcohol), and grains. I still haven't given up dairy. I haven't been tracking the calories. I feel like I'm pretty low calorie most days because eating is taking more planning and preparation on my part. Definitely feel better when I get more of my calories from meat. Oh, and I peaked at the scale- and the number is going down. I think dropping the alcohol is helping significantly.
    (field) journal

Friday (day 13):
    B: Coffee w/halfnhalf, 1/3 C. Sprouts
    L: Lamb shoulder steak braised in red wine w/ onions, celery, chantrelles (I got fancy. It was amazing)
    S: apple w/cream cheese
    D: a whole package of salami slices and a lot of water

Activity: P90X Plyometrics DVD

Saturday (day 14):
    B: scrambled eggs, potatoes, some avocado and salsa, strawberries, pineapple, other assorted fruit, coffee w/halfnhalf
    S: hot grape juice w/cinnamon stick
    L: a small breve
    S: cheese samples and a scoop of pumpkin icecream
    D: grilled oysters, brussels sprouts, chantrelles, and about half a bottle of white wine

Activity: 3 hours of kayaking and a long walk after dinner

Sunday (day 15):
    B: americano w/halfnhalf, strawberries, grapes, watermelon
    L: a couple oz. lox, an apple, ~1 oz cheese, ~1/2 C. pistachios
    D: TBD

Activity: 2 hour hike, maybe some yoga later.

The minivacation was awesome! It was both relaxing and invigorating. I think I know what my new addiction is going to be: Kayaking!! Yes I foresee spending quite a bit on this new hobby in the near future. I cheated on my challenge pretty bad on Saturday, but I knew I would. I am totally back on board today. Think I might even go to bed early!

Page 5 of 15 FirstFirst ... 34567 ... LastLast