Page 4 of 15 FirstFirst ... 2345614 ... LastLast

Thread: Flaura eats Fauna (and fungi) page 4

Flaura is offline Senior Member
    Primal Fuel
    Today

Activity: Ran 2 miles

Food:
    breakfast: 1 tsp. coconut oil, 1 c. broccoli (steamed), 2 poached eggs, 1/4 C. Homemade Hollandaise
    snack: 1/2 peach, canned
    lunch: chicken drumstick/thigh
    snack: 1.5 Tbsp. dried blueberries
    dinner: salad w/shrimp and Homemade Thousand Island Dressing
    after dinner: 1 glass (6 oz) Gewurztraminer

I went through a couple of challenging moments today where I wanted chocolate and beer. Mostly beer. I hope I'm not an alcoholic.

Today was great! 2 days down, 25 to go!

Activity: Yoga in the AM, some push ups and pull up attempts in the PM. I almost did a pullup!

Breakfast: Coffee w/ half &half, two cups tea (does this still count as IF?)
    Lunch: 1/2 fillet of snapper, 1/3 C. broccoli, 1 small yam all drenched in butter
    snack: 1.5 stalk celery w/ sunflower seed butter and dried cranberries
    dinner: 3 slices bacon, 1 glass Gewurztraminer

Activity: Walked across town and back ~2 mi. Oh, and it was SUNNY!!

Breakfast: 2 C. Coffee w/HWC
    Lunch: salad w/shrimp and homemade Thousand Island dressing, 5 strawberries
    Dinner: 1 glass Gewurztraminer, 1/2 C. chicken breast (shredded), 1 C. instant coffee, 4 deviled eggs, 2 tiny cubes cheese, a pickle, grapes

I ate some chicken and drank a glass of wine for dinner but then I ended up at an unexpected potluck. Amazingly didn't touch any cookies or punch. No one seemed to get their feelings hurt. Although I did feel kind of bad since everything was obviously homemade by the sweetest little old ladies.

So this is the end of day 3 for me and it honestly has not been that painful. I haven't gotten any sprinting in. But I've been IFing-sorta, eating salads, walking, and avoiding sugar. I am really proud of myself! There are, however, several major obstacles coming up....I will be out of town for the next approx. 3 days. Not sure how I will handle it. Presumably I will have another chance to try my hand at IF!! The other obstacle is the Pancake Breakfast on Saturday, I know it sounds like the kind of thing I should be avoiding like the plague. But I love volunteering. Perhaps we will be busy enough that no one will notice that I'm not eating the pancakes.
    Last edited by Flaura; 05-03-2011 at 09:38 PM. Reason: add more chicken

I'm Back! The trip was not as detrimental as I feared.

Wednesday:
    Breakfast: coffee w/heavy cream
    Lunch: Shrimp Salad, about 5 tortilla chips w/salsa
    snack: 2 tangerines
    dinner: Chinese ginger beef stirfry w/ a couple bites of white rice
    snack: decaf coffee

Today:
    breakfast: Americano w/halfnhalf
    Snack: 1 tangerine
    lunch: 1 apple, 3 oz colby cheese, some vegetables w/blue cheese dressing
    dinner: 5 kumquats, 1/2 chicken breast, 1 glass of red wine, 1 lara bar (cherry), 1 oz (or less) walnuts

Took a couple walks but that's all I got for exercise. Not too many cheats, just a little grain and a little dairy. No Sugar! No Chocolate! No Beer!

Quote Originally Posted by Flaura View Post
    I went through a couple of challenging moments today where I wanted chocolate and beer. Mostly beer. I hope I'm not an alcoholic.
    HAHAHAHA I love this!!! Thanks I love how everyone is getting so in to it!!! WE RULE!!!! WOOP WOOP!!!!

Out of town again most of the day, not ideal, but I did the best I could and today is day #6 for no sugar, no chocolate, no beer, etc. I moved around slowly all day. Didn't get great sleep last night though, and I still have not sprinted or lifted anything heavier than myself. That will be a project for tomorrow.

I was craving a good homemade meal after this bazaar week. So I went to the store to try to find some beef. I really specifically wanted beef. This is challenging in our grocery stores mostly because there isn't anything grass-fed. I like to try to buy meat that is local if I can. I can usually find chicken that is produced in the PNW as well as lamb, but local beef and pork are hard to come by.

Long story short: I did find a tenderloin roast that is from a local company, and I bought it even though it seemed super expensive to me. It was delicious, it was exactly what I had been needing.

But I almost didn't buy it. Even though I can afford these kinds of splurges occasionally, they still seem so extravagant for me, especially since I have no one to share with. I am embarrassed to buy so much meat. I still feel that it's elitist. Most people cannot afford to eat this way, in my town anyway. And if everyone in the world tried to get back to their primal roots, the earth could definitely not support our population. I don't know why this bothers me so much. Thus far I have not contributed to the population problem. And it's not the kind of philosophical inner conversation to have with yourself inside the grocery store. I guess maybe it's my inner vegetarian that still thinks that eating a veggie diet will help save the world. I don't know. I'm such a neurotic mess. Maybe I've just read tooo much.

So for the record:

Breakfast: coffee w/heavy whipping cream, cashews
    Snack: 1 Orange
    Lunch: 1 apple, the meat cheese and lettuce out of my "roast beef sandwich"
    Snack: 5 kumquats, 1 oz. walnuts
    Dinner: 2 glasses wine, 1 artichoke w/ olive oil mayo, some sauteed onions and mushrooms, ~6 oz. beef tenderloin

I am stuffed, but satisfied. In other news, I got a haircut today- something I've been neglecting since November. It feels great and looks alright too.

Everyone's posting songs it seems.
    So, on a whim, here is a song that just made my day. Maybe it will make someone else's day too.

YouTube - Breathe Owl Breathe - Dragon

Actually, this one is more appropriate because of the saber-tooth tiger dance.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dCHhrLKBMOk
    Last edited by Flaura; 05-07-2011 at 03:41 PM.

Breakfast: 1 cup coffee w/HWC, 1 cup coffee w/ milk, 4 breakfast sausages, 1/2 C. Orange juice
    Lunch: 2 fried eggs, 2 slices of bacon, 1 glass red wine
    Snack:5 kumquats, 1 oz walnuts, 3 oz colby jack cheese
    Dinner: 1.5 cups bone broth made from turkey

Activity: 45 minutes yoga

Well, I volunteered at a pancake breakfast without eating any pancakes. This is good. After that it was a mellow day. I have been up super early all week. I need to go to bed early tonight.

Tomorrow I will gather mussels like a real hunter/gatherer!! I am definitely looking forward to meeting up with a friend and having a good time.

This little town can get a little weird for me sometimes. I usually come back from volunteering with a big glowing smile on my face. But today, well, I was getting some weird vibes today. I may be over-thinking it. I like to give folks the benefit of the doubt. I will not sink to paranoia. That being said, I am just very very different from most of the folks in this town. And I'm very sensitive to being judged. And let's face it, in a small town people generally know about half of your business and they make up the other half. But they like to think that they know all of your business. Needless to say, this community is not my comfort zone. This may end up being a good thing for now. Afterall, uncomfortable situations provide opportunities for growth I've found.

Coconut Girl is offline Senior Member
    omg i want to gather mussels with you!!!!! i <3 mussels so hard!!!

you are accurate--uncomfortable situations DO provide opportunities for growth and if not, the pattern repeats until the growth happens... for the most part. happy sunday. xx

I would love to take you musseling, Coconut! Or mushroom-hunting if you come up here in the fall. Always can use another hunter-gatherer friend

Today was so good, in so many ways. I woke up early this morning on my own, I got my sprint in!! I got to go harvest some mussels with a good friend. Got some sunshine and great conversation in. So happy

I have a lot of mussels to clean. And I should probably clean up the house in preparation for another insane workweek.
    (field) journal
    primal start-weight (3/11): 154
    current weight (8/25/2012): 141

Page 4 of 15 FirstFirst ... 2345614 ... LastLast