Page 15 of 15 FirstFirst ... 5131415

Thread: Flaura eats Fauna (and fungi) page 15

Flaura is offline Senior Member
    Primal Fuel
    I woke up later this morning, 6:30. Weighed 139. Ran around doing my morning chores and didn't have time to pack a lunch. Had coffee and bone broth for breakfast.

For lunch I got a hot dog with sauerkraut and tomatoes (I threw out the bun). I also had a coffee on ice with cream (which ended up being terrible, but I drank it anyway). I ate a tomato at work too. Again, it was an 8 hour day of sitting in an air conditioned office.

I went to the butcher shop after work, which made me immensely happy. The meat is local and way better than Safeway, the prices are great and the nice man at the counter threw the beef heart in for free. I forgot to get beef fat for rendering and dog bones, darnit.

At home I had a drink (bourbon on ice) and I had leftover liver and onions. The dogs got the last two little pieces of liver cause I couldn't handle it anymore. I am determined to like liver. I am going to try that meatball recipe from the blog maybe tomorrow. I rewarded myself with the other half of the papaya I had a couple days ago, I sprinkled it with cinnamon and honey.

Now I'm drinking iced green tea and thinking about embarking on another kitchen project, see, I have about 10 lbs of peaches sitting on my counter about to go bad...
    (field) journal
    primal start-weight (3/11): 154
    current weight (8/25/2012): 141

Woke up just before the alarm went off at 6. Weighed 139. Had time to make turmeric tea for breakfast using half a can of coconut milk. Sooo good. And filling. In fact I didn't have anything else, not even coffee. I packed a half-assed lunch (a boiled egg, an apple, a couple carrots), scrambled around feeding the animals and got to work.

Another day in the office, except today I ate my lunch at my desk (quickly) and used my "lunchbreak" to take a walk. I felt very good about the decision and hope to keep it up. I crashed hard after that. So hard to stay focused. Decided to buy some primal snacks and coffee to keep in my desk for future crashes. *Possible TMI: It also became apparent, while I was at the office, that I was ovulating. Since going primal I spot when I ovulate.*

I had a drink after work, whiskey on the rocks. Dinner was steak and sauteed swiss chard with huckleberry balsamic syrup over it. I didn't finish the steak this time.
    Did a couple cooking projects this evening. I used the liver from earlier in the week and made offal meatballs like Mark's recipe on the blog. I lowered the ratio of liver to ground meat though. I tried one and it wasn't bad. I could still taste the liver though. We'll see if a sauce improves it...

I also took the five-ish pounds of peaches a friend brought me and made a peach-bourbon-chipotle BBQ sauce. I am going to can it tomorrow after the flavors have settled a bit.

I am excited to see my man tomorrow; although, it has been nice to have this brief period to reflect...
    (field) journal

The liver meatballs turned out awesome, for the record. Definitely making that recipe again.

*TMI* The "spotting" was not ovulation, it was menstruation, how could I be so out of tune with my own cycle? and where, oh where did the last month go?*

Since the man has been back I have been getting lots of exercise doing projects around the house. I even did some yoga yesterday morning and some pushups and squats. However, I have also been drinking lots of beer and eating corn chips and waffles and shit like that. I did see 137 on the scale about 3 days ago; but this morning I am all fat and bloated again This is hard. I know it is my choice what I eat, but sometimes there is too much peer pressure around here. Something is going to have to change.
    (field) journal

This is probably not the most adult solution to the problem, but it may work for now...I've challenged my man to a weight-loss duel. I think we could both stand to lose somewhere between 10 and 15 lbs...so we are going to weigh in every morning for 30 days and whomever has lost the most (as a percentage of overall body weight) wins $75.34! This is day 3 and so far I am down 1.4 lbs. Probably water. I'm actually a little disappointed with this number because I have been eating well and exercising a ton! I hiked around for 5 hours yesterday. I'm sure it will all pay off eventually.
    (field) journal

This weekend sucked food and drink wise. I had lost almost 2.5 lbs last week, and as of this morning I have gained most of it back. I am so pissed. Too much beer, alcohol in general and grains. For the record, it was NOT worth it

This morning I'm back to the program. I sprinted and had bacon and eggs and black coffee for breakfast.
    (field) journal

Another week of eating fairly well, another weekend of eating anything and everything. Overall weight is less than last monday, but not where I want to be. Some weight could be muscle as I have been sprinting 1x per week, and a lot of walking around at a slow pace, and I have been doing body weight exercises such as pushups and squats. Go Me!! Finally getting my fitness on.

This week I'm getting back into yoga (so excited). Also maybe avoiding alcohol during the week? I will work on tightening up the diet on the weekdays for now...

So far today I have sprinted, and had my breakfast which consisted of coffee with cream, 2 eggs, and 2 slices bacon. It never really gets old.
    (field) journal

Primal Blueprint Expert Certification
    Why do my replies keep deleting? I hate you computer!

Okay, in summary: we are halfway through our competition, I am down 2 lbs from the start, Hot Yoga is awesome and I am going to do it regularly. New Goal: sub-130 lbs by the end of the year (losing 1 lb. per week).
    Last edited by Flaura; 09-20-2012 at 08:38 AM. Reason: stupid computer keeps deleting my posts
    (field) journal

Page 15 of 15 FirstFirst ... 5131415