Page 13 of 15 FirstFirst ... 31112131415 LastLast

Thread: Flaura eats Fauna (and fungi) page 13

winencandy is offline Senior Member
    Primal Blueprint Expert Certification
    Hi Flaura!

Quote Originally Posted by Flaura View Post
    For some reason making Beef Burgundy turned into an excuse to drink lots of red wine (it was delicious, though).
    no excuse needed

Still, I drink too much red wine. Sometimes way too much.
    Impossible!
    Besides, "wine is a vegetable"
    (meaty said so)

I am dogsitting a couple of bad, bad butter-sucking dogs.
    Ha!

(I don't even want to admit this) 1 entire bar 70% dark chocolate with espresso beans,
    Um, I've been known to eat a whole dark chocolate bar too...

1 bottle of mineral water, ~4-5 tbsp. HWC

I think I got the mineral water/HWC idea from some other journal, but I can't remember whose...it was delicous.
    together???
    "Be careful what you pretend to be because you are what you pretend to be." Kurt Vonnegut
    "I love deadlines. I like the whooshing sound they make as they fly by." Douglas Adams
    "Moderation sucks." Suse
    "Wine is a vegetable." Meaty
    "Every decision you make, from what you eat to what you do with your time tonight, turns you into who you are tomorrow and the day after that." Cmdr Chris Hadfield

Winencandy

Greensprout is offline Senior Member
    I think I got the mineral water/HWC idea from some other journal, but I can't remember whose...it was delicous.
    I remember seeing that somewhere too, sort of an italian soda type drink. I tried it today with a healthy dose of vanilla extract and a few drops of stevia...very nice. Sort of filling too, due to the HWC, so not a bad choice to tide one over if needed between meals or for a late evening something.

Oh, yes, hello to you. I've read through part of your journal, but thus far stuck to rudely lurking, so time to chime in

What is the mineral water : HWC ratio?
    "Be careful what you pretend to be because you are what you pretend to be." Kurt Vonnegut
    "I love deadlines. I like the whooshing sound they make as they fly by." Douglas Adams
    "Moderation sucks." Suse
    "Every decision you make, from what you eat to what you do with your time tonight, turns you into who you are tomorrow and the day after that." Cmdr Chris Hadfield

Winencandy

Flaura is offline Senior Member
    Hi W&C and Greensprout!!

I put somewhere between 1 tsp. and 1 tbsp. HWC per 1 c. mineral water. The main thing is that there should be lots of frothy cream covered bubbles. It reminds me of a root beer float. Except, not sugary or rooty. Probably there would be some way of improving it with vanilla extract as per Greensprout's suggestion, but it's pretty good as is. Definitely a staying-up-all-night-but-trying-to-avoid-junkfest food.

So here's the update:

Last Weekend:
    Food was pretty primal, except drinking about half a bottle of (red) wine on Friday and another half on Saturday, and 2 more glasses on Sunday. Oh well... Saturday I also devised a primal-ish jello recipe, you know, now that gelatin is okay and all that. I mixed gelatin w/unsweetened cranberry/blueberry juice and I added some of my frozen huckleberries and about 3 TBSP honey. This, topped with whipped cream is pretty awesome. And it is a way to use all those frozen huckleberries I've been hoarding.
    Activities were pretty primal this weekend, as well. Lots of moving around slowly and lifting heavy things (aka moving). Saturday I did P90X Plyometrics as a substitute for sprinting since it was wet and nasty out.

Monday:
    B: don't remember
    L: braised beef shortribs (braised in wine of course )
    D: bacon and eggs
    S: hot toddy (whiskey and lemon, no honey)
    exercize: walking everywhere after dropping my car off at the shop

Tuesday:
    B: 2 c. coffee w/half&half
    L: 2 pieces of pizza (at a class)
    D: braised beef short ribs
    S: 1 shot whiskey (approx), Hot milk w/gelatin

exercize: jog and sprint!! In my new Merrell Pace Gloves!!! Such an amazingly weightless, liberated feeling!! My legs are feeling it today, though.

Also, took an epsom salt bath. I don't know if I believe that you can absorb magnesium this way, but if it is true then it sure beats the magnesium supplement I was taking.

In other news: got the lab results back, not prego nor hormonally derranged, so yay. My uterus still hurts though. Damn x chromosomes. I blame them for the junkifying of my diet lately.
    (field) journal
    primal start-weight (3/11): 154
    current weight (8/25/2012): 141

Hi W&C and Greensprout!!

I put somewhere between 1 tsp. and 1 tbsp. HWC per 1 c. mineral water. The main thing is that there should be lots of frothy cream covered bubbles. It reminds me of a root beer float. Except, not sugary or rooty. Probably there would be some way of improving it with vanilla extract as per Greensprout's suggestion, but it's pretty good as is. Definitely a staying-up-all-night-but-trying-to-avoid-junkfest food.
    Thanks.

exercize: jog and sprint!! In my new Merrell Pace Gloves!!! Such an amazingly weightless, liberated feeling!! My legs are feeling it today, though.
    I have the Merrell Pace Gloves too. They are weightless.

In other news: got the lab results back, not prego nor hormonally derranged, so yay.
    Yay!!
    "Moderation sucks." Suse

Winencandy

Wednesday and Thursday were both so grotesquely unprimal that I didn't have the nerve to record them. I think on Wednesday a mocha made up the majority of my calories for the day. Thursday I started the day with bacon and 1/2 bar of 70% dark chocolate, skipped lunch, tried to have a healthy early dinner and ended up eating a bunch of candy at card night with the girls. Uff dah. The only real good news is that I didn't drink last night. But I think drinking would have felt healthier than eating all that candy.

Today (Friday)
    B: 1 c. cottage cheese, 2 tsp coconut oil
    S: 2 HB eggs
    L: 2 4-oz ground beef patties, arugula/romaine salad w/evoo and balsamic, 1 oz sharp cheddar, Mineral water, 1 tbsp HWC
    D: tbd

My new plan: try to eat more protein at breakfast, don't drink during the week, NO SUGAR, less fruit, more veggies. I threw out all the fruit in the house last night and I'm working on eating salad instead. I can do this. I can get my protein up and the carb levels down. Gotta be strong. Also, I need to join the gym, to be really strong. Here we go...
    (field) journal

Saturday
    B: 3 slices bacon, 2 eggs, coffee w/HWC
    L: 1 tin kippered herring (or whatever fish it is), 1 oz. sharp cheddar
    S: 16 oz coconut water, 1.5 oz macademia nuts
    D: 1/2 acorn squash w/coconut milk and curry paste, 2 hard apple ciders

Sunday
    excercize: 1 hour total dogwalking
    B: 1 wild boar sausage, 2 eggs, 1 c. grilled tomato wedges, coffee w/HWC, more coffee w/half&half
    (field) journal

Sunday
    L:?probably skipped, can't remember anyhow...
    D: half an acorn squash w/coconut milk and curry, 2 chicken thighs, 1 shot whiskey
    S: sugar free red bull

Monday
    B: 3 slices bacon, 1 c. cottage cheese, coffee w/HWC
    S: Americano w/half&half, tea, 1 emergenC packet
    L: 2 chicken thighs, arugula/romain salad w/EVOO and Balsamic
    D: will probably be chili

Eating okay, but mega stressed at work and at home. It will all be (mostly) over on Dec. 1 no matter what the outcome is. Probably won't get enough sleep leading up to that date.
    (field) journal

Actually, didn't have dinner last night, but I did have some mineral water with some HWC in it and a handful of glazed pecans.

Tuesday
    B: 4 slices bacon, .5 c. cottage cheese, coffee w/HWC
    L: 1 C. chili
    S: mineral water w/HWC
    D: .5 c. cottage cheese, 1 c. chili, handful glazed pecans
    S: sugar-free red bull

7 Day Averages
    calories: 1,383
    carbs: 60g (17%)
    protein: 83g (24%)
    fat: 85g (55%)
    alcohol: 8g (4%)

I am FINALLY getting the carbs down to where I want them, but it is still so freaking hard to get protein in. I don't know why it is so hard for me to dial these ratios in. I weighed in at 146 today. So, no weight loss is happening, again. It has been a week since I sprinted and I haven't been doing body weight exercizes either. Must join the gym.

I think I'm going to have an all-out feast on Thanksgiving. It's not like I can mess up my weight loss because I'm not losing weight anyway. Regardless of only averaging 1,383 calories per day. Anyway it's just one day. It's going to be just me and my roommate. She is bringing the Turkey and sweet potatoes and rolls and some type of appetizer. I am going to make cranberry sauce, salad, green beans, and a primalish pumpkin pie. Not sure yet if I'm going to make a primal pie crust or just go crustless. Gosh that sounds like a lot of food... it will probably be way too much. But screw it.
    (field) journal

but it is still so freaking hard to get protein in. I don't know why it is so hard for me to dial these ratios in.
    I struggle with getting enough protein too.

Enjoy your Thanksgiving tomorrow
    "Moderation sucks." Suse

Winencandy

Page 13 of 15 FirstFirst ... 31112131415 LastLast