Page 12 of 15 FirstFirst ... 21011121314 ... LastLast

Thread: Flaura eats Fauna (and fungi) page 12

Flaura is offline Senior Member
    Primal Fuel
    Thanks Libre, I will try that trick. I have several more packages of liver in the freezer...
    (field) journal
    primal start-weight (3/11): 154
    current weight (8/25/2012): 141

Yesterday (Wednesday)= Round 2 day 3 no alcohol
    L: ~4 oz ground beef, onion/pepper/cabbage stir fried in butter, 1/4 c. greek yogurt, 1 c. pineapple
    D: 1 c. spinach, almost 8 oz. tuna!!!, homemade mayo

exercize: none

Today (Thursday)
    B: no
    S: 12 oz latte, 1 chocolate covered coconut macaroon (I know, but it was worth it)
    L: 2 bites of liver, ~6 oz ground beef, onion/pepper/cabbage stir fried in butter, 1 apple
    exercize: 1 hour dogwalk

7 Day Weekly Averages
    daily calories: 1325
    carbs: 88 (26%)
    protein: 82 (25%)
    fat: 69 (47%)
    alcohol: 4g (2%)

So the good news is that I ate more protein this week. The bad news is I also ate more carbs. I know where they are coming from. I have at least 1-2 servings of fruit every day, usually an apple. The apple alone has 25g carbs. I find it ironic that on a site called "Mark's Daily Apple" most people are not eating an apple a day. To be fair though, I do seem to have at least one sugary cheat per week. It seems sort of hopeless to me to ever get below 50 g carbs daily.
    (field) journal

NourishedEm is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Flaura View Post
    I'm trying to like liver. My brother once told me that he and I are gluttons because we will keep eating something even if we don't like it. That is how we came to like beets. Beets are like the liver of the vegetable kingdom. I used to hate them, but now I love them. I wish that would happen with liver. Maybe I need to soak it in something before I fry it? I will keep experimenting...
    .. or you could go totally hardcore and eat it raw. I've recently started throwing a 30-40g frozen piece of grassfed calf liver in the blender with tomato juice and a couple of raw egg yolks. It's like speed in the way it gives you an instant energy hit.

Other thoughts: I need to sprint. Am I eating too much dairy?
    Me too - and there's no such thing.

So the good news is that I ate more protein this week. The bad news is I also ate more carbs. I know where they are coming from. I have at least 1-2 servings of fruit every day, usually an apple. The apple alone has 25g carbs. I find it ironic that on a site called "Mark's Daily Apple" most people are not eating an apple a day. To be fair though, I do seem to have at least one sugary cheat per week. It seems sort of hopeless to me to ever get below 50 g carbs daily.
    Why on earth are you trying to eat less than 50g of carbs?? I did a very low carb diet for years and I managed to give myself adrenal fatigue and hypothyroidism. I personally don't think anyone, especially women, should be aiming for that low a carbohydrate intake. But that's just my experience, take it or leave it.

Hi Flaura, thought I'd drop by your journal (like Patrick's afore-mentioned bad mannered neighbour ) since you commented in mine. Nice to "meetcha"

Patrick is offline Senior Member
    I can easily drop to 15g carbs per day or Primally go as high as 115g. Depends on activity level, I think, and an individual's body. I know I need to keep screwing around with my body to keep it on its toes. It doesn't seem to like patterns or long-term consistency in that I slip into homeostasis way too easily.

Liver's something I need to get into. That'd be great mixed in with my ground beef and pork. Fruit I only eat in the summer, when it's locally in season. Otherwise I avoid it -- just not in the mood for it in the winter.

Sounds like you're doing great, though, Flaura! Definitely an upswing in protein happenin'.
    August 2010: 207 lb, 37" waist, 25+% BF | Currently: 177 lb, 33" waist, ~15% BF

I have a new site up and will soon be blogging at The Wayward Mind. (My journal is semi-retired at this point)

Quote Originally Posted by NourishedEm View Post
    Hi Flaura, thought I'd drop by your journal (like Patrick's afore-mentioned bad mannered neighbour ) since you commented in mine. Nice to "meetcha"
    Thanks for stopping by I really appreciate your insight. Maybe I won't stress so much about dairy and carbs, I was mostly worried about them because of the whole month-long weightloss plateau. Raw liver, though?! Are you serious?

Liver's something I need to get into. That'd be great mixed in with my ground beef and pork....
    Sounds like you're doing great, though, Flaura!
    Thanks for the encouragement, Patrick! You don't know how badly I need that right now...And yes, do try liver. It's funny that you slip into homeostasis, I can tell from your journal that you tend to plan things out and be more repetitive with your meals. I do admire that and strive towards it. My natural tendency is complete unplanned randomness.

Yesterday (Thursday) round2 day4 No alcohol
    D: (I don't even want to admit this) 1 entire bar 70% dark chocolate with espresso beans, 1 bottle of mineral water, ~4-5 tbsp. HWC

Last night was a long (unproductive) night in the office. I think I got the mineral water/HWC idea from some other journal, but I can't remember whose...it was delicous. As was the chocolate. I don't know where this moment of weakness came from but it probably had something to do with the marcaroon I let myself have in the morning. I felt pretty bad about the whole thing. Until I weighed myself this morning: -1 lb!! That puts me at 145.2. But I'm kind of mad at my body for sending me such mixed signals. Seriously, just tell me what you want already!!

Today (so far)
    B: 2 HB eggs, coffee w/HWC
    L: 2 oz smoked salmon, 1 bratwurst, .5 c. sauerkraut, .25 c. greek yogurt
    S: tea

exercize: 1 hour dogwalk

Spent the better part of the morning/afternoon at the doctors office (annual) and getting labs done. Blood pressure: 90/58, what am I? An 8 year old? I have various other abnormalities which are not painful or life threatening, I'm just a weird critter. Getting hormones tested. Hope I'm not pregnant (not likely).
    (field) journal

NourishedEm is offline Senior Member
    I ate an entire 100g bar of 70% last night too and I'm supposed to be avoiding chocolate this month! I also lost weight this week.

Go figure - chocolate is obviously a magic weightloss food!

outlaw48 is offline Member
    Yesterday= Day3 No Alcohol

Outlaw, I think you are stronger than I, turning down such an offer. I rarely give up the opportunity for social drinking. Although for me, those opportunities are few and far-between. Are you going to drink this weekend?
    Uh, yeah... I did. I was away training some new co-workers out of town and, well, boys will be boys. I've been pretty good about not drinking during the week but relaxing that on weekends. My new workout program is taking priority over social drinking and this is a good thing. My friends get kind of miffed when I turn down the pub outing during the week so their entertaining reactions make it fun to turn down the offer.

Looks like your readership is on the rise... well done!

Quote Originally Posted by outlaw48 View Post
    Uh, yeah... I did. I was away training some new co-workers out of town and, well, boys will be boys. I've been pretty good about not drinking during the week but relaxing that on weekends. My new workout program is taking priority over social drinking and this is a good thing. My friends get kind of miffed when I turn down the pub outing during the week so their entertaining reactions make it fun to turn down the offer.

Looks like your readership is on the rise... well done!
    There you are Outlaw, I was just wondering where you had disappeared to! Glad to hear you're staying strong...I really want some red wine tonight. Hey, it's friday, right?

As far as readership goes, well, I've been a nosy pest all over everyone else's journal, so that probably explains it.
    (field) journal

It is Friday. Its also Rememberance Day so tip a glass in honour of all those who have served.

Primal Blueprint Expert Certification
    I guess you guys call it Veterans Day...

Page 12 of 15 FirstFirst ... 21011121314 ... LastLast