Thread: April Whole30! page

Aila is offline Senior Member

April Whole30!

Primal Fuel
    Welcome, fellow PB'ers! If you are interested in doing a Whole30 Challenge for the month of April 2011, join us!

In my experience, many people tweak the official Whole30 to meet their individual needs, but the main thrust is to eat very, very clean for 30 days; that the discipline of doing so can be very helpful.

Here's the link for more specific info: Whole30 | Whole9 | Let us change your life.

Join us! Post here, share your "tweaks" and your experiences, get support and encouragement!
    48 yo single mom
    5'2", goal weight 110lb/50kg
    Healing from a very well-intentioned (but disastrous) near lifelong vegetarianism...

183.0 - CW FIFTY POUNDS RELEASED!
    233 - SW

Aila's Primal Journey

"If I cling to circumstances, I could claim to be not responsible. Only she who says she did not choose is the loser in the end." Adrienne Rich

mystic is offline Senior Member
    Im in. I'm going to stick with fresh fruit, salads and fish. That should be plenty for the month. My 1st April weight was 128.4. Im up a few pounds from last month but I know eating clean is the solution. Good luck all.

Welcome, Mystic!

Of course, Whole30 technically allows more than fresh fruit, salads and fish...good luck finding what works best for you!

For me, I've been doing what I'm calling Whole46 - started 3/9 and will end 4/23, for Lent. Although, I might be persuaded to go all the way through April (it's only another week after all, and I'm really enjoying my experience).

My only tweaks are that I'm allowing ghee, plus some "processed" foods (mostly meaning I didn't make them, like coconut butter and kombucha - am not including ANYthing with yucky ingredients). Oh, and I am weighing myself, which is technically not permitted in Whole30. But, oh well, I'm all about making it work for me.

Took two epsom salt baths this week, after reading some other people's experiences with them for detoxing and building more magnesium. I didn't have any of the dramatic reactions others have (like totally crashing for 10 hours), but it was definitely a nice, relaxing experience both times, and my skin is *remarkably* smooth!!

Happy April, All!
    48 yo single mom
    Healing from a very well-intentioned (but disastrous) near lifelong vegetarianism...

233 - SW

Aila's Primal Journey

"If I cling to circumstances, I could claim to be not responsible. Only she who says she did not choose is the loser in the end." Adrienne Rich

MamaGrok is offline Senior Member
    I'm whole46'ing Lent. I've been going since 3/9 and think I'm going to add butter oil in daily to be sure I'm getting enough casein/whey/lactose-free fat-soluble vitamins (since I'm not eating raw liver every week ATM).

I'm also weighing and measuring, but those things don't make me crazy or feel like quitting. If they did, I wouldn't.

To a fresh start!!
    5'4" 36yo mother to five sweeties & married to their AMAZING DaddyGrok
    Starting: 185 lbs (March '10)
    Current: 132.5 lbs
    Goal: 135 lbs (Hit Jan '13)
    Beating bingeing since 10/31/11 on my Leptin Reset journey

Happy First Monday in April, Everyone!

Had a great weekend, nourished myself well with some great PB- and Whole30-approved foods, got out in the sun, got some good rest...life is good! Woke up this morning refreshed and ready for a new week!

How are you doing, MamaGrok and Mystic? And anyone else who might want to join us?
    48 yo single mom

233 - SW

Aila's Primal Journey

mystic is offline Senior Member
    I've just made it to day 1 due to a couple of false starts. How is everyone doing?

PrimalCon New York
    Hi All!

Seems a quiet month in the Whole30 department... I'm doing well, still on plan and feeling great. I think that I will add in butter after Easter, but stay dairy free otherwise through April, and then re-evaluate. It's been really good to eat so cleanly. I'm already looking forward to what I'll do next year for Lent!

How are you doing, Mystic? MamaGrok? Anyone else who might be reading along but not posting? Best wishes to all!
    48 yo single mom

233 - SW

Aila's Primal Journey