Thread: E-Z No Slicing Needed Beef Jerky page

OnTheBayou is offline Senior Member
    Sarasota, Florida, USA, Earth, Milky Way Galaxy

Shop Now

So, I'm at the g-store looking over lean beef to make jerky. Wasn't excited at the thought of slicing it to make 1/4" thick jerky strips. Then, like a vision, there it was: Cube steak. (Note, it is technically "cubed," but common usage has vulgarized it to "cube," usually.)

Cubed steak is very lean, the toughest cuts. The cubing machine physically alters the construction, just like a mega tenderizing hammer. It is so tender after cubing that it will fall apart in your hand and is edible raw.

I did choose to slice the big pieces into strips, but that's just an option.

This time I used a marinade of about 60% Worchestshire Sauce, 40% cheap A1 type steak sauce, a bit of liquid smoke, some hot sauce, and a bit of glucose sauce.

Soak all in a zip lock at room temperature for 8 or so hours, place on tight screening of some kind if you are using your oven. Dry overnight.

Thirty five ounces of raw meat made almost fifteen of jerky.

Travis G Guest

You can buy whatever meat you want, and tell the butcher behind the counter at any g-store i've ever been to and they will slice it into slices for you, for free.

OnTheBayou is offline Senior Member
    Sarasota, Florida, USA, Earth, Milky Way Galaxy

Yeah, but not at Save A Lot, where the meat prices are a LOT lower than the conventional stores. Besides, cubed steak will turn out much more tender. So why not?

josco Guest

isn't tender jerky an oxi moron.....jerky should be chewy....but i can see the simplicity of cubed steak...I've also tried minute steaks.... a bit thin though