Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Is it really important to poop everyday?

Is it really important to poop everyday?

Shop Now
    obvioulsy its important, but if not is that a sign that something is wrong?

Yes.

No.

No. I don't eat junk, and I don't make that much "waste", therefor I do not go everyday.

I used to be (gasp) vegan. I had a nice clean poop every day. Now I've been Primal on and off for a year, and I've been doing it strict for two months. I have a poo maybe every 1.5-2 days, and the volume is far less. Take that as you will.

Interestingly, the same thing applies to my dog. I feed her a raw diet (meat, bones, organs, veggies) and she has one tiny poo a day. The one time I was out of food and I gave her kibble instead, she pooped about five times a day, at a huge volume, until it was all out of her system. I haven't ever fed her kibble again.

If you're going three or more days without pooping, something might be wrong. Otherwise, relax (literally, haha).

Depends how you feel. If you have pain and indigestion then it's a sign something is wrong. If you're not, then every other day is ok. I go every two or three days, sometimes four. Still playing around with my diet to try increase the frequency. I'm going a month without eggs to see if that helps.

I feel icky if I don't. I eat lots and lots of veggies to make sure I do.

I think what constitutes "regular" is different for everybody. When I eat a SAD diet I can go as much as 3 times a day. I find that since doing Primal I go once or maybe twice a day. Some people don't normally go more than once every few days and PB may make them go once a week. I think once you don't feel ill and when you do go you have a decent BM you should be fine.
    Height: 5' 7"
    Starting: 211.8 (43% bf)
    Current: 191.8
    Goal: 155 (23% bf)

When I was eating a high fiber diet, I went maybe twice a week and it was PAINFUL 9often resulting in bleeding, and took at least a half hour). I figured there wasn't enough fiber in my diet, so I kept ramping up the fiber, and it kept hurting more and more.

Now I go every other day or so, and it's easy and painless.

MUCH better. Fiber be damned.

Shop Now
    No. I've never been a "first thing every morning" person. Depends on what I'm eating on any given day. Since I'm vlc, I go far less than when I ate a carb diet. Nature tells you if you're having problems. Diarrhea and constipation are easily recognized issues, otherwise your body will eliminate when it's ready.
    This time, like all times, is a very good one, if we but know what to do with it. Ralph Waldo Emerson

Any given day you are surrounded by 10,000 idiots.
    Lao Tsu, founder of Taoism