Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Just Me: Ani's Primal Journal page 2

ani
    ani is offline Senior Member
    Primal Fuel
    Food: bad, my energy was all over the place in relation to when I was eating. I'm going to buy a glucometer asap. Breakfast was eggs, kale, avocado, and a little bit of mango. Lunch: ribs, sauce, salad, tangerine, nola and 2 strawberries. Snack: Pecan Butter, apple. Dinner: Chicken, salad, and onions.
    Fitness: I carried a bunch of stuff and walked a bit for a bake sale I was having to raise money for Heifer International. Other than that I didn't do anything. No hike for 2 days in a row I hate NM weather. Also I'm feeling really tired and maybe sick? I'm just going to go to bed early tonight and drink some tea.

ani
    Time to start posting again, I've recently gained 5ish lbs, ack. and I've gained a total of 11 since January, all while trying to lose it. I went to the doctor, he put my on thyroid meds, which I'm really happy about. I've only been on them for a few days and I'm feeling a lot more energetic. I also found out after testing my blood glucose and talking with my doctor that I have insulin resistance/pre-diabetes. This means that I need to get serious about what I put into my body, so I can support it in the best way possible.
    Food: Breakfast: Southwestern fritata (eggs, squash, onions, chard), with avocado and salsa. Lunch: Celery, Peanut butter, coconut milk choco ice cream (no sugar). Dinner: Greek salad (turkey, greens, feta, olives, cucs).
    Fitness: I went for a decent walk today

ani
    I've done more insulin resistance/diabetes research today, and its frankly quite concerning for me, which is in turn great motivation to improve my diet.
    Food: Fritata (same as yesterday), mixed nuts, cream of greens soup w/ bacon and cheese, a cheddar coconut flour muffin, 1 strawberry, yogurt, protein pwdr, 1/3C blackberries, pistachios.
    I know I should drop the fruit, but I feel like if I really want some its better to make a good choice (berries over a banana) and keep the serving small. I feel pretty good, just a bit tired and achy, I didn't go for a walk today, but oh well.

ani
    Today was good under my circumstances.
    Food: Breakfast- Fritata. Lunch (I was at a tea party)- tea w/ 1/2 and 1/2, spinach salad, salmon cream cheese stuffed bell peppers/cucumbers, chicken, a few strawberries and blueberries. Dinner-celery w/ peanut butter, chicken, greens, sour cream, cheese and salsa. I think I may finish off w/ a few almonds/pistachios or something and a cup of peppermint tea
    Fitness: I went on 2 short walks and carried a bunch of stuff.
    I'm so glad that Primal is forgiving, and that its a method I can follow for the rest of my life.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12