Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Who'd have thought I have a success story to tell! page

belinda is offline Senior Member

Who'd have thought I have a success story to tell!

Primal Fuel
    Not me. Well, not really.

In January, we started a biggest loser contest at work. At that time I was 5'4" (maybe 5'3") and weighed 188 lbs. Easily the fattest girl for her height at my office.

I started with a CW low fat, multi-grain diet and did manage to lose 10 lbs by the start of March but it wasn't looking like I was going to meet my goal of a 10%, 18 lb weight loss by the start of April. I plateau'd around the start of March and wasn't feeling that great. Even with losing 10 lbs I was still taking 4-5 antacids a day. Then I found out my Dad and his sister had both been diagnosed with diabetes.

A girl on another website I visit mentioned the PB so I went off to investigate and I haven't looked back. This WOE suits me so well, I can't believe it. Lost 8 lbs this month and have only taken two antacids all month!

This morning I met my weigh loss goal and WON our Biggest Loser Contest! Prize was $160 so I'll be buying steak for supper and putting the rest towards a new bike and some smaller pants!

My goal for the next quarter is to lose another 10 lbs by the first of July. This would put me in the
    150s for the first time in probably a decade! I also plan on learning how to do a plank

livingprimal is offline Senior Member
    Congratulations! Way to go!! I hope others at your work are looking towards you for motivation!

LJH
    LJH is offline Senior Member
    You go, girl! Congratulations!

There have been a few who want to know how I can do this while eating eggs & bacon, for sure

I had lunch yesterday next to a vegetarian. She won't eat anything with a face. I said I'd eat what she doesn't want!

Primal_Island_Girl is offline Junior Member
    That's a great story and goes to show that this WOE is so much more than weight loss. I suspect by the time you lose the next 10 pounds you won't be taking anything for your stomach. Keep up the great work!
    Height: 5' 7"
    Starting: 211.8 (43% bf)
    Current: 191.8
    Goal: 155 (23% bf)

Kymma is offline Senior Member
    Wow great story!

RennieVan is offline Member
    I was in the lunchroom when someone came in with a salad from Wendy's. I know it should have come with bacon, but I looked at her salad...no bacon. I asked where it was and she replied, "I THREW IT AWAY." Ack! I considered going in the trash, but told her next time, the bacon is MINE. Great job on winning your Biggest Loser challenge! It's also great that you set yourself a short term and long term goal. Keep it up!

Drain Bead is offline Senior Member
    Congrats! I hope I have a similar story to tell on Monday--I entered our Biggest Loser competition after being fully Primal for two weeks...I've lost 2.5 inches on my waist (probably 3 by this point--I'm right in between monthly measurement dates) and at least 3 on my hips! I've only lost about 11 pounds since being in the contest--16.5 total since January 1st. We'll see how I do--there are 15 people in the competition and 3 people get money, so I'm hoping I can get something!

Quote Originally Posted by Drain Bead View Post
    Congrats! I hope I have a similar story to tell on Monday--I entered our Biggest Loser competition after being fully Primal for two weeks...I've lost 2.5 inches on my waist (probably 3 by this point--I'm right in between monthly measurement dates) and at least 3 on my hips! I've only lost about 11 pounds since being in the contest--16.5 total since January 1st. We'll see how I do--there are 15 people in the competition and 3 people get money, so I'm hoping I can get something!
    Wishing you luck!

Only time in my life I really wanted to be a total loser!

marplanauta is offline Junior Member
    way to go! congratulations, keep it going!

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast