Thread: Primal Journal (sghulett) page

sghulett is offline Senior Member

Primal Journal (sghulett)

Primal Fuel
    Ok here goes. My name is Gretchen and I am a 44yo mom of 3 and grandma of 1. I am 207 and need to get to about 170. I am prediabetic and do love my carbs I am working hard to detox from them. I am working on getting out more but it is still about 35* here in the Snowy Range Mountains of Wyoming so its not to favorable yet for outdoors. I am also working on getting more yoga incorporated into my day. I do work outside the home 4 days a week at a home and ranch supply store. I also homeschool my younger kids so they are with me all the time, which I really enjoy.

ok so I feel like crap right now. I have fallen off the wagen and I am in self loathing mode right now. I want this to work for me. I am just so blasted tired of winter weather (68* last saturday and snow the next day) GRRRRR!!! Its overcast here today so no sun what so ever. Its cold and I hate it.

ok today is my day off from work and I have already messed up my food. I had toast and PB with my coffee. UGH!!

time to go shopping for good food I guess

ani
    ani is offline Senior Member
    Welcome to the land of Primal Journals! A piece of toast isn't the end of the world, just eat some eggs, meat and veggies the next time.

Aphrodite is offline Member
    +1 all of Ani's points.

I have totally been to the dark and dismal land of Self-Loathing, via the deep and terrible path of Food, before. What helps me to not take this journey again is to keep a positive attitude when I screw up. Basically my thought process is, "Yeah I screwed up. I feel bad about it. I choose to recognize that i feel bad about it, that I screwed up. Now I'm moving on. Tomorrow has so many possibilities to be better than the screw up that was today. I choose to look forward to tomorrow and not dwell on today..." And basic mindfulness internal dialogue like that.

The toast today is but one moment, one stone in the road, in this Primal journey you're taking. If you stop on the road and keep looking at that one stone you're going to get stuck looking at the stone and not progressing forward to other stones that may or may not be better to look at. The Emerald City is at the end... Like Dorothy, there might be a wicked witch or two to face before you get there, but get there you will.
    I journal cuz I can: My Primal Journal of Super-ness

today is my day off from work its been snowing all morning and finally stopped and the sun is out. I have been in bed most of the day just hanging out doing NOTHING. I did eat well today though.
    Gretchen in Wyoming
    Princess to the King
    Mom of 3
    Grandma of 1
    Bride to Steven

my blog Mama Goes Primal

Ok after some number crunching here it is

my plan is

1572 cal/day

protein 138g =552cal
    carb 75g = 300cal
    fat 80g = 720cal
    Gretchen in Wyoming
    Princess to the King
    Mom of 3
    Grandma of 1
    Bride to Steven

my blog Mama Goes Primal

gibby is offline Junior Member
    I need to start a journal too. THAT may be tomorrow. LOL
    Newbie fatty makin' changes

I look forward to reading it.
    Gretchen in Wyoming
    Princess to the King
    Mom of 3
    Grandma of 1
    Bride to Steven

my blog Mama Goes Primal

Primal Blueprint Expert Certification
    Ok its been a few days since I have been on the forums and I am seeing results. I am not using my scale at all. Its in fact out of commission since the battery died. I was in the bath the other day and was looking at my legs and noticed they were thinner. I am also starting to see the bones in my hands more as well as in my feet. I have been enjoying bacon and eggs for breakfast and this morning I even ate fried sweet potato slices from the leftover bacon fat. YUMMO

For lunches I have had large salads with homemade honey mustard dressing. Suppers are usually, chicken, beef or pork and steamed veggies and a side salad. Water is a main beverage. I do drink about 1/2 cup of milk ever few days or so and have yogurt too. Snacks are usually fruit and nut/seeds. I am feeling so much better and my elimiations are more frequent too (I know TMI but its a wonderful change over constipation all the time).

As for exersize I am getting out more when the weather isn't raining or SNOWING. I have incorporated more yoga into my routine and have been reading about Chakras and Mantra. I am working on several spiritual areas right now.

Sleep is also much better. In 2009 I had back surgery and before that I was sleeping only 3 hours at a stretch due to the pain I was in. I am now not waking at night even to use the bathroom. I hit the sheets at about 8:30-9:00pm and am up by 5:30-6am I am well rested and am not tired during the day.

Well, that is it for now I will continue to do what I am doing and keep you all posted.

Thanks for the great group and for the support I know I can find here.

Nameste,

G~~~
    Gretchen in Wyoming
    Princess to the King
    Mom of 3
    Grandma of 1
    Bride to Steven

my blog Mama Goes Primal