Thread: Woo Hoo! Back to the Playground! page

ennasirk is offline Senior Member

Woo Hoo! Back to the Playground!

Back in October, just a few days before I sprained the living daylights out of my left ankle (and tore my right MCL in the process) I went to a most amazing fitness class - called Monkey Conditioning - at a gym called Athletic Playground. I'd been dying to go back, just getting my strength (and, to be honest, confidence) back up to go to another group fitness class. Finally, the gym added early morning classes (my other excuse was that the classes didn't fit with my preferred workout times) so I went this morning.

OMG so much fun! Can't wait to go again next week. Even though the class was full of folks who were fitter/thinner than me, I did okay. Not great, but I hung in there and got a great workout even though I couldn't do everything ... I at least tried everything. My biggest challenge with those types of classes is measuring my own progress against myself instead of against others. However, the instructor was very cool and supportive and for most exercises offered a number of variations depending on peoples' fitness/flexibility levels.

Grok would be proud - this class is all about moving and playing and LHT (even if the HT is your own body).
    "Sometimes, you need to make sure the angel on your shoulder has a wingman." -Me

My primal log

PixieKitten is offline Senior Member
    That looks so awesome! Lucky you!
    Bunny trainer extraordinaire!

ennasirk is offline Senior Member
    Primal Blueprint Expert Certification
    Woo! Back again this morning for a (eek) 6 a.m. class! Different instructor, a little more "hard core" but I hung in there. I've got some upper back muscles that will not release (hopefully my most awesome massage therapist can make magic happen when I see her on Thursday) so a couple of the exercises aggravated that, but he was cool about giving me alternates if I had issues. I definitely don't like being the "slow kid" in class, but I am looking at it as incentive to improve against my own progress and trying to ignore the fact that everyone else is fitter than me and seems to have an easier time of it.
    "Sometimes, you need to make sure the angel on your shoulder has a wingman." -Me

My primal log