Page 1 of 13 12311 ... LastLast

Thread: The Hallow Prince's Privy Chamber page

thehallowprince is offline Senior Member

Post The Hallow Prince's Privy Chamber

Primal Fuel
    Okay, so after reading Funkadelic Fresh's Primal Journal i got the desire to do one of my own... and I'm probably gonna follow his style as he is one of my favorite Primal Friends (one of MANY... seriously, I love you all!).

Okay... so here's the scoop.

March 1st, 2010 - About a week or so after seeing John Durant on The Colbert Report I decided to give this crazy and heart-disease-inducing caveman diet a try. It was silly... and I thought, what the heck... it'll be larf.

Well, oddly enough, I happened to be interning in my final year at university and a coworker was testing out her new camera... she took my picture on March 1st, the day I began. I saw the picture and said... okay, one month... ONE STUPID MONTH! And then I'll go back to yummy bread and cheese dripping PASTA!

Here is what I looked like on March 1st, 2010.

http://img196.imageshack.us/img196/4489/beforeht.jpg

Yeah... long story short, I've been primal since and will NEVER look back.

Anywho-do-dee-doodle, until recently my husband and I (yep, I'm Homo Grok!) have been living with his family so I could pay for university without having to take out any student loans (to me, the worse kinda loan on earth... one of the few things you CANNOT discharge in a bankruptcy...). Bottom line, I didn't have much control over my diet and often have no choice but to eat corn or pasta (I mean, his mother cooked it, and i love her to death too much to not). Even doing a LOT of cheating... i mean a LOT... I lost a TON of weight and gained a whole new outlook on life!

Well, as of March 2011 we have our own place and I am in 100% control of everything that goes into my body! So now that I'm settled I've decided to start this journal so I can talk about myself (much like Funky Fresh, I love to talk about me... me me me!... and yes, I'm an only child hehehe).

Here is my most recent mash-up of then and now:

http://img38.imageshack.us/img38/230...6104551515.jpg

Below are (for the first time EVER on MDA!) a collection of shirtless pictures I took after my shower today.

http://img695.imageshack.us/img695/9...0331211017.jpg
    http://img709.imageshack.us/img709/1...0331211045.jpg
    http://img560.imageshack.us/img560/6...0331211253.jpg
    http://img130.imageshack.us/img130/7...0331211318.jpg
    http://img27.imageshack.us/img27/332...0331211345.jpg

I'll be brutally honest... I still have plenty around the belly of which to get rid. My thighs are too fatty. My moobs are considerably smaller but they still are kinda pointy and fatty. Those need to go and be replaced with some muscle. I also have a second chin... which, granted, is better than the 34 chins I once had, that needs to go. I have HATED my neck for the last 7 years and it's time to be proud of my NECK!

FOOD: I simply don't have the financial ability right now to buy all grass fed beef and eggs etc. etc. So unless I specifically say so it's just conventional food from the supermarket. I do operate under this idealogy: Never let GOOD be the enemy of PERFECT. Is my food perfect? No. Am I getting better? Yup! I keep getting better!

ACTIVITY: I don't call it workout... I hate working out. I do play and I have fun... but I never workout because... well, I hate it. I certainly don't run. My view is that I don't run unless I'm running away from something or running toward something. My coworkers all go walking and running (and still never lose weight) all the time and the idea just sickens me.

So enjoy... there will be lots of pictures and lots of fun.. and like Funkadelic Fresh I shall share my favorite music which I love because I really enjoy a lot of foreign music that many Americans like myself probably haven't heard of.

I hope to share my journey from here on until it gets boring and show myself going from decent to good to better and better!
    Last edited by thehallowprince; 03-31-2011 at 07:26 PM.
    March 1st 2010: 308lbs | CW: 219lbs / 18.5%BF | New Goal: 16% BF
    Male. 28. 6'4''. Currently working on them muscles and strength!

"My chest hair caught fire when I was fighting a bear with a flamethrower, how do I get my hair back? - Rivvin

naiadknight is online now Senior Member
    It's about damn time.
    "No fate but what we make"- Sarah Connor, Terminator 2
    Life is not a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in a pretty and well preserved body, but rather to skid in broadside, thoroughly used up, totally worn out, steak in one hand, chocolate in the other, yelling "Holy F***, What a Ride!"
    My Primal Battle Tome

DarthFriendly is offline Banned
    Congrats on the progress.

MARCH 31ST 2011 - THURSDAY

FOOD: Bacon for breakfast. I fasted for Lunch but did have a Diet Mt. Dew... I know, not good, but considering that for many years I had up to 9 cans of regular Mt. Dew a day I'm getting better. Dinner was sausage links, broccoli, and fried up mushrooms in bacon fat.

ACTIVITY: Well, I work for the local municipal court and I running around the court room all day. This is an everyday thing and I won't mention it henceforth. After I took a grok-nap after breaking the fast with dinner I lifting a little (didn't really count... I just did it until I was tired). I also did about an hour of Dance Dance Revolution on the Wii. Total fun!

SONG OF THE DAY: Tarkan - "Op"

Last edited by thehallowprince; 03-31-2011 at 07:41 PM.

"My chest hair caught fire when I was fighting a bear with a flamethrower, how do I get my hair back? - Rivvin

Pink Grokoddess is offline Senior Member
    you both must be Leo's Cause I LOVEEE talking about myself as well tee hee
    "If you don't go after what you want, you'll never have it. If you don't ask, the answer is always no. If you don't step forward, you're always in the same place." Nora Roberts

Start December 20th 2010: 177 lbs
    Currant: 136 lbs
    Goal: 125 lbs
    11 more lbs to go

Follow My Journey :-)

Metismomma is offline Senior Member
    awesome and finally!
    Calm the f**k down.

Monthly Weigh In...

As for March 1st, 2011 I was 226 (I had gained a little bit back the month before moving... tooo much cheating)

April 1st, 2011 - 217!

So that's a nine pound loss this month! Woop!

Funny thing... I'm now wearing 32 size waist (my fattest was 40 size waist) which is down from the old 34s I was wearing and so i got a new pair of jeans... Well I mentioned my old "skinny jeans" ripped and just didn't fit. A co-workers said "gaining weight?"

And my responce, "Nope, they got too baggy and I ripped them lifting weights."

:-)

It took my all not to snap my fingers and say "bitch!" Hehehehe

spakesneaker is offline Senior Member
    Hello hallow prince! It's amazing that just watching something on TV convinced you try paleo/primal, and it's brought so many great changes! congrats!

I always enjoy hearing about your incredibly stupid-sounding co-workers I worked at this place last summer that was actually full of really ignorant SKINNY people, which was incredibly frustrating haha. One day two of them got frozen yogurt with berries for lunch and were talking about how healthy it was... I let them hear it on how much sugar was probably in it, and one of them was like, 'but.. but.. it has fruit!!'

Quote Originally Posted by imasin View Post
    One day two of them got frozen yogurt with berries for lunch and were talking about how healthy it was... I let them hear it on how much sugar was probably in it, and one of them was like, 'but.. but.. it has fruit!!'
    Thanks! And I am surrounded by those too... skinny and fat...

"At least my cheesecake had frozen strawberries on it... that's fruit... that's healthy"

They are a dime a dozen...

Funkadelic Flash is offline Senior Member
    Like the others have been saying: It IS about fracking time! I'm glad to hear you finally have a place of your own and are free to fill it with primal goodies.

Also, the tats? They just keep getting better, man. I freaking love them!

I'll be popping my head in every now and then to stalk you.

Page 1 of 13 12311 ... LastLast