Thread: Bone-in, skin-on chicken thighs page

Velocity is offline Senior Member

Bone-in, skin-on chicken thighs

Primal Fuel
    Hey guys. I already have experience with these types of thighs, as I tend to bake them in the oven with a variety of spice combinations. However, I want to try these in the crock pot, so does anyone have suggestions on recipes to use?

Thanks.
    Are you a college student, trying to navigate college while being Primal? Do you know any other PB college students on a tight budget? Heck, for that matter, are YOU trying to live Primal on a budget? Enroll at Primal University!

For after all what is man in nature? A nothing in relation to infinity, all in relation to nothing, a central point between nothing and all and infinitely far from understanding either.
    -- Blaise Pascal

AndreaReina is offline Senior Member
    Marinated in soy sauce and garlic. Add some vinegar and you've got a Filipino-style adobo.

You should see if you can get what are called "range hens" or "stewing hens". These are retired egg-layers, so they're older and tougher but generally tastier.

Velocity is offline Senior Member
    Thanks for the idea... shame I have no soy sauce at the moment, however I will keep that in mind for future recipes.

Anyone else?
    Are you a college student, trying to navigate college while being Primal? Do you know any other PB college students on a tight budget? Heck, for that matter, are YOU trying to live Primal on a budget? Enroll at Primal University!

For after all what is man in nature? A nothing in relation to infinity, all in relation to nothing, a central point between nothing and all and infinitely far from understanding either.
    -- Blaise Pascal

RennieVan is offline Member
    I did some in a small crockpot with a half-can of diced tomatoes, cumin and oregano. Came home after work and shredded the meat. Used it in Creamy Avocado Chicken soup. I found that recipe on here someplace and I jazzed it up a bit. Whoa, totally amazing. You could do the same thing and make tacos using lettuce leaves as the taco.

gojirama is offline Senior Member
    I like to use them to make "Sprid Wings" from the Star Trek cookbook.

Combine with 1 1/2 TBL each butter and olive oil; 2 TBL paprika, 1/4 cup chicken stock, 2 tsp each Tabasco and garlic. Serve with celery and if you eat dairy, bleu cheese.