1. Good Calories, Bad Calories
    2. Why We Get Fat
    3. The Primal Blueprint
    4. Omnivore's Dilemma
    5. The Evolution Diet
    6. The Paleo Diet
    7. The Paleo Solution
    8. Protein Power
    9. Vegetarian Myth (Did not enjoy this book at all - Had good points and research, but it was very "Gloom and doom".).

Any book sugggestions?

aktres is offline Senior Member
    I want to read Deep Nutrition, but not able to find it in the store. I guess it's only available online?

Stabby is offline Senior Member
    Deep Nutrition looks intriguing. I have listened to 2 interviews with Dr. Cate and read her blog somewhat. She is HOT. And of course smart, which is what is important here...

If you have that impressive reading list I recommend The Perfect Health Diet. Seriously, this one is a must if you have been reading what you're reading. Excellent info, well-written and quasi-paleo.

I haven't read it yet, but I have heard interviews and read blog posts and Primal Body Primal Mind by Nora Gedgaudas looks great and is being re-released soon. She is HOT!
    Stabbing conventional wisdom in its face.

Anyone who wants to talk nutrition should PM me!

Artimus71 is offline Member
    I'll look into Deep Nutrition and The Perfect Health Diet.

How about "Living Low Carb: Controlled-Carbohydrate Eating for Long-Term Weight Loss"?

ommmmaggie is offline Senior Member
    Not sure exactly what you're looking for in terms of content, but here's my must-read list.

Real Food: What to Eat and Why by Nina Planck (might be a bit redundant if you've read what you've read, but it really is an excellent book)

Nutrition and Physical Degeneration by Weston A. Price (the single most fascinating book I have ever read)

Nourishing Traditions: The Cookbook that Challenges Politically Correct Nutrition and the Diet Dictocrats by Sally Fallon

Full Moon Feast: Food and the Hunger for Connection by Jessica Prentice

Stats as of 3/1/12:
    5'10" female, 38 y/o
    Currently 140 lbs., approx 25% body fat
    WEIGHT GOAL: lose a bit more body fat and tighten up the rear end...basically, I want to look great naked. Everywhere else is looking great, but my ass/hips/thighs are being a bit stubborn. TMI?
    DAILY MACRO TARGETS: Cal: 1,857. Protein: 100g (400cal). Carb: 75g (300cal). Fat: 128g (1156cal).
    EXERCISE GOAL: incorporate 2-3 strength training sessions and 1 sprint session per week.

DianeThePurple is offline Senior Member
    In Defense of Food - if you ask me, this is the book Michael Pollan wanted to write when he wrote the Omnivore's Dilemma.

The Unhealthy Truth - this is more focused on kids and allergies, but has some great stuff in there, especially if you're trying to wean someone off chemical non-foods (kids OR adults!).

The End of Overeating - kind of a one-note premise and the editing is terrible, but a great discussion of certain kinds of food addiction.

aktres is offline Senior Member
    I want to get Nourishing Traditions too. Browsed through it, looks like a great reference. I've read about half of the OPs list above. Right now I'm reading Food in History. I'm sure it's outdated, but it's great for getting a grasp on the timeline for the evolution of human nutrition.

Balance is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by DianeThePurple View Post
    In Defense of Food - if you ask me, this is the book Michael Pollan wanted to write when he wrote the Omnivore's Dilemma.

The Unhealthy Truth - this is more focused on kids and allergies, but has some great stuff in there, especially if you're trying to wean someone off chemical non-foods (kids OR adults!).

The End of Overeating - kind of a one-note premise and the editing is terrible, but a great discussion of certain kinds of food addiction.
    I second "In Defense of Food". I thought it was a very well done book by Michael Pollan. I also want to read the "New Evolution Diet" by Art DeVany.
    "If man made it, don't eat it" - Jack Lallane

People say I am on a "crazy" diet. What is so crazy about eating veggies, fruits, seafood and organ meats? Just because I don't eat whole wheat and processed food doesn't make my diet "crazy". Maybe everyone else with a SAD are the "crazy" ones for putting that junk in their system.

healthy11 is offline Senior Member
    Deep Nutrition

Diana Renata is offline Senior Member
    Well, what is your position on food? Nutritional, or the love of food itself? I ask because I am a foodie, and I thoroughly enjoy Anthony Bourdain's books. I'm currently reading "The Nasty Bits" and I'm also starting "The Flavor Bible" by Karen Page. Beyond Paleo & Primal nutrition, I love reading about food and cooking for the pleasure of it.
    Last edited by Diana Renata; 03-31-2011 at 06:31 PM.

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast