Thread: A Primal Beginning page

RunAwayRocket is offline Junior Member

A Primal Beginning

Hello - I am new to the forum and began reading Mark's book a few weeks ago. I have began changing my diet to conform with the life style change. This has not been as difficult as I thought it would be at first, although I am experiencing some difficulty with some wheat based and dairy based foods. You see I live in South East Texas and we have a million Mexican food restaurants and I happen to be a huge fan of chips and salsa. I know in the back of my head not to do it, but my passion for the enjoyable crunch of a freshly cooked chips is sometimes overwhelming. Does anyone else have these issues? And if so how do you resolve these cravings?

When I started the diet about 4 weeks ago I weighed are 320 pounds. Today I am right at 300 and feel great!

Digby is offline Senior Member
    I used to enjoy that food, too, but ultimately you choose. I know if I eat that way, I'll regain all the weight I lost and more. Now I enjoy great primal foods and don't have to worry about weight.
    This time, like all times, is a very good one, if we but know what to do with it. Ralph Waldo Emerson

Any given day you are surrounded by 10,000 idiots.
    Lao Tsu, founder of Taoism

Hedonist is offline Senior Member
    Welcome Rocket!

Tex-Mex is childhood comfort food for me. Maybe order something else as an appetizer if you want one?

I eat some dairy, so that isn't a big issue for me. You may find you have to avoid it to lose as much as you want, or if your system can't handle it well.

Usually, I will order fajitas, skip the beans, rice and tortillas. Or maybe just have a couple tortillas. But usually the meat, guac, sour cream, etc. fills me up.
    Ancestral Health Info

I design websites and blogs for a living. If you would like a blog or website designed by someone who understands Primal, see my web page.

Primal Blueprint Explorer My blog for people who are not into the Grok thing. Since starting the blog, I have moved close to being Archevore instead of Primal. But Mark's Daily Apple is still the best source of information about living an ancestral lifestyle.

RunAwayRocket is offline Junior Member
    Primal Blueprint Expert Certification
    Thank you for the reply's it's nice to know that I am not the only one that has this issue... I suppose it takes a little bit more discipline on my part.

I am achieving the motivation more and more everyday with noticing the changes my body has made in just the brief time that I have cut the majority of wheat products that I used to consume on a daily basis. I feel better. I look thinner. And I am getting eager to see where this road is going to take me.