Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Where do I find this stuff?! page

Where do I find this stuff?!

Primal Fuel
    Hey All,

I'm new to Primal, and I'm seeing all sorts of interesting ingredients. Coconut butter. Almond butter. Almond flour. The list goes on and on. My biggest question, though, is.......where do I find these types of ingredients! I live on the east coast, in a rather large city (Virginia Beach), but is there a common store (like Trader Joe's?) that carries these items rather routinely?

runnergal is offline Senior Member
    Trader Joes -
    Whole foods or the equivalent

Coconut products are a little harder, but almond butter is available in most "normal" stores.
    MTA: because it is rare I dont have more to say

"When I got too tired to run anymore I just pretended I wasnt tired and kept running anyway" - my daughter Age 7

MariaNYC is offline Senior Member
    Check online stores, too, for packaged goods like that. Better selection and, often, better prices.
    Everything in moderation, including moderation.

Another stupid question.....what exactly is almond butter? Is it like butter butter? Peanut butter? I'm not sure I'm checking the right sections of the store. Sorry for being so new and not having a clue...

AnneArchy is offline Senior Member
    Almond butter has a texture/taste similar to peanut butter. Be careful as it is HIGHLY addictive!!

Haha, okay. What are some brands that you use? I saw one that was like 220 bucks for a 12x16 oz jar. I'm looking at "Barney Butter" right now, but they've added Evaporated Cane Juice, Palm Fruit Oil, and Sea Salt. Are those normal additions, or should I be looking for something more pure?

EDIT: chocolate almond butter? I should stay far away....very far away....
    Last edited by greatdanelover; 03-31-2011 at 11:30 AM.

carlh is offline Senior Member
    Only ever buy almond butter that only has one ingredient: almonds.

Yeah, that's what I'm looking for. So far, the closest I've found is Justin's Nut Butter, almonds and Organic Palm Fruit Oil. What brand do you use so I can look that way?

MariaNYC is offline Senior Member
    And you can make your own almond butter. All you need are almonds, a food processor and a bit of patience.

Do you have Whole Foods nearby? Some have bulk nut butter dispensers. I believe they churn the buts into butter on the spot, but have never tried it.
    Everything in moderation, including moderation.

No. I do have a Trader Joes and a Fresh Market though. And a little store called the Heritage, that does a lot of supplements, herbal teas (literally in bins like help-yourself candy so you can make your own mix straight from the herbs). Not sure what they'd have there, but thinking about stopping by and exploring. I'll google Whole Foods locations, see if I have one and just don't know it. Thanks ^-^

EDIT: I've been debating getting a food processor or a blender first. I'm guessing I'll need to go with the food processor.

Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast