Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: super simple, super CHEAP primal recipes - post em! page

tfarny is offline Senior Member

super simple, super CHEAP primal recipes - post em!

Shop Now
    I'll start:
    Crustless Quiche.
    Preheat oven to 350, melt a little butter to grease up a pie dish.

In a large bowl, blend 9-12 good quality eggs, 4-5 oz of cooked spinach (I use half a brick of the cheap frozen stuff in winter), a decent size hunk of cheese all diced up, and either mushrooms or some leftover meat. Dash of cream. Add salt, pepper, and maybe some paprika to taste. Substitute anything with whatever you've got sitting around. Mix it up with a fork, pour into greased pie dish, bake until just barely solid in the center (doesn't take long, they are just eggs), let cool 10 minutes.

Cost - maybe $1.50 per meal sized serving. Prep time: less than 10 minutes including cleanup. Carbs: next to none.

Bunnyfoot is offline Member
    I just made something like this last night. When ever we seem to have vegetables that are about to go south (rare occurrence these days - we used to call the vegetable crisper "the rotter", now its where the bacon hangs out because the veggies get eaten fairly quickly) and a decent amount of left over meat (and I mean any meat - last night was left over meatloaf and ribs), I make an egg bake. Everything gets chopped up and thrown into a bacon greased pan. 6 eggs get whipped up along with some almond milk and spices, that gets poured over the top. Pop into the oven at 350 (covered with foil) bake for 30 minutes, bake 10 minutes longer uncovered. Top with hot sauce and scarf.

Left overs get dumped on top of a BAS the next day for lunch.

It's an easy way to get rid of food that you are sick of eating. Personally...I hate leftovers, so it's much more economical for me to make the leftovers into something else so I don't get bored with it and let it turn into a science experiment in the fridge.

carlh is offline Senior Member
    pork shoulder + crock pot + (salt, pepper, beef broth, water, splash of vinegar) + 8 hours on low = pulled pork

DarthFriendly is offline Banned
    Tfarn- I add ground beef and mushrooms to the type of crustless quiche you're talking about above. I just crumble up 1lbs. of ground beef in the bottom of the pan, and pour the veggies and eggs over top.

"Cheap Steak"/Chopped "Steak". Take a pound of hamburger/ground beef, shape it kinda like a loaf, put in in the oven for about 20 min. until it's done. Top with sauteed onion, and mushrooms... if you use a skillet to oven roast it in, you can use the beef juices to sautee the onion, and mushrooms, add a little red wine, red wine vinegar, or balsamic vinegar as they caramelize, a pat of butter... dayum! If ya wanna get fancy you can put chopped onion, and parsley and seasonings in the meat, but that takes more time... bah! Bachelor food FTW! (Serve with bacon, and then go punch a raw vegan fetus in the crotch! for jeebus.)

ooh, yes I almost forgot to add I put chopped bacon in my crustless quiche too.

geostump is online now Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by DarthFriendly View Post
    "Cheap Steak"/Chopped "Steak". Take a pound of hamburger/ground beef, shape it kinda like a loaf, put in in the oven for about 20 min. until it's done. Top with sauteed onion, and mushrooms... if you use a skillet to oven roast it in, you can use the beef juices to sautee the onion, and mushrooms, add a little red wine, red wine vinegar, or balsamic vinegar as they caramelize, a pat of butter... dayum! If ya wanna get fancy you can put chopped onion, and parsley and seasonings in the meat, but that takes more time... bah! Bachelor food FTW! (Serve with bacon, and then go punch a raw vegan fetus in the crotch! for jeebus.)
    Damn, that chopped steak sounds damn good. Do you put any seasonings in with the beef or just let it go au naturale? Thinking about making this for some lunches for next week. Could make mini versions of this as well.
    Georgette

geostump is online now Senior Member
    I make a quiche, except I take bacon and make it a lattice bottom crust and with the eggs I through in brocolli, spinach, shrooms and onions with cheese, S&P and sometimes a dash of nutmeg.
    Georgette

Quote Originally Posted by geostump View Post
    Damn, that chopped steak sounds damn good. Do you put any seasonings in with the beef or just let it go au naturale? Thinking about making this for some lunches for next week. Could make mini versions of this as well.
    generally I don't season it much, why bother, the caramelized onion is pretty good enough, but when I do I usually just shake on some trader joe's seasoning blend it's like mrs.dash. The idea is that this is quick and easy food. yay. If it were me doing mini versions, I'd make them all at once for convience sake.

lil_earthmomma is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by geostump View Post
    I make a quiche, except I take bacon and make it a lattice bottom crust and with the eggs I through in brocolli, spinach, shrooms and onions with cheese, S&P and sometimes a dash of nutmeg.
    Oooh good idea! I love the lattice bottom bacon crust! WOW!
    The more I see the less I know for sure.
    -John Lennon

tfarny is offline Senior Member
    Lattice bottom bacon crust - I dunno, I'm thinking of things you can cook up before work in the morning, like super quick, super cheap stuff. If I need two cups of coffee in me to make the recipe I don't think it qualifies, even if it's an AWESOME idea don't get me wrong...

Meat loaf - I get mixed ground pork and beef and season with a ton of garlic, one egg, chili powder, salt and pepper. You can add other stuff but not too much, please, sir. Bake in a loaf pan till barely 250 with a meat thermometer, remove and let cool. Serve with vegetable-type things you have left over in the fridge.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast