Thread: My results via PB compared to SAD/CW page

Reborn Grokker is offline Senior Member

My results via PB compared to SAD/CW

Shop Now
    I wanted to share my results of this way of life compared to when I was SAD/CW (Standard American Diet/Conventional Wisdom. I am 33yo, 5'6", I started at 199 and am currently 158.

Last year, January 2010-Mid October 2010, I logged on here, tracked mostly just calories and worked out. In those 10 months I lost 29lbs and 4% bodyfat.

Then I switched to Paleo/Primal WOL, I won't say I completely cut out grains, but I rarely ever have any, like one little bite every week or so. I quit sugars, even fake ones. And I cut back on fruit, if I have it, it is something like berries or a banana when I feel I need more carbs. Many people think that Paleo/Primal is Low Carb or even Very Low Carb, but it's not, it's anti-grain and other allergen/inflammatory foods. I've found that I'm not really intolerant to any foods, but I feel better eating tons of veggies, moderate meat, and higher fat. Now that I'm Paleo/Primal, I have been able to just live a healthy lifestyle rather than having to feel like I need to track everything. When I do track, I find that I eat around 2000-2200 calories, 50-70% fat; 25-30% Protein; and around 25% carbs. I do 1-2 days Full body weight circuit; 1-2 days of yoga; and 1-2 days running up to 3.6 miles.
    My results since going Paleo/Primal is a loss of 11lbs and 3% body fat, most of the inch loss was from my waist through my butt. I'm actually surprised that I've lost so much in the past few months since I'm already close to a healthy body weight for my size, and I don't feel like it's work anymore, just simply a way of life!
    Heidi

33yo, 5'6", 158lbs, size 10 jeans

Primal_Island_Girl is offline Junior Member
    That's awesome! Congrats on your progress. The thing that stands out the most to me is that with the SAD diet you probably lost as much muscle as you did fat but with PB it looks like you lost less but all of it was fat (you probably gained back some muscle too). Keep it up and you'll be at your weight, size and body composition goals in no time.
    Height: 5' 7"
    Starting: 211.8 (43% bf)
    Current: 191.8
    Goal: 155 (23% bf)

thehallowprince is offline Senior Member
    You're right! It's not hard... it's not work... it's just... life! ::ahhh::
    March 1st 2010: 308lbs | CW: 219lbs / 18.5%BF | New Goal: 16% BF
    Male. 28. 6'4''. Currently working on them muscles and strength!

"My chest hair caught fire when I was fighting a bear with a flamethrower, how do I get my hair back? - Rivvin