Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Multiple Sclerosis and Primal Support! page

Juliemama is offline Senior Member

Red face Multiple Sclerosis and Primal Support!

Primal Fuel
    I also posted this on the "odds and ends" forum, we have some nice info on Vit D for MS therapy...Thank you to all who have contributed there..I usually check this forum first myself, so here it is again!

Hey all! I wasn't sure where to put this thread, so here it is..

I have had 3 women in my family diagnosed with MS, so this one is important to me and my family. We are doing a charity walk (Walk MS) next week for fund raising. The funds go to families directly affected, and of course, research. If you know anything about MS, you know there is still no cure for this debilitating disease.

I have seen for myself the powerful and dramatic effects of being Paleo/Primal. The list of things I have been "cured of" is too long for this post, but lets just say I will never go back to grains/junk.

I am intrigued by the possibility that a Paleo/Primal diet and lifestyle may be beneficial to MS sufferers.

How about prevention? How about Paleo/Primal managing symptoms? I don't expect to see a cure tomorrow, but I would love to see how eating REAL food that our bodies can utilize and thrive on could be a meaningful development in the treatment of MS. So many people with MS not only have a long history with a SAD, but artificial sweeteners, diet soda (in an effort to lose weight),veg oils, junk food.

What about you guys in the Primal community? Anyone here suffer with MS and have had success with this lifestyle?
    Any loved ones? Any Primal/Paleo MS support groups that you know of that may have some information? Please chime in.

I will put up the link directly to my "Walk MS" page for more info, or if anyone feels generous and would like to donate, you can do so there. Tag yourself "Primal Community" or something of that nature, so I can see where the support is coming from. (yes, I cleared this with Mark!)

http://main.nationalmssociety.org/si...al&fr_id=16741
    scroll down the page for info...

I will walk for those that cannot.
    Thanks for any insight you can offer me!

Last edited by Juliemama; Today at 02:13 PM. Reason: scroll down page
    Last edited by Juliemama; 03-31-2011 at 08:18 AM.

morganpmiller is offline Senior Member
    Luteolin is a very interesting bioflavonoid that may have powerful immunomodulating and anti-inflammatory effects, it's definitely worth checking out and trying.

LinD is offline Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Juliemama View Post
    Anyone here suffer with MS and have had success with this lifestyle?
    I am a budding Primal lifestyler.... and diagnosed with M.S. since 1990.

Interesting, I noticed when my DH cut out the bread/pasta four years ago, I've only had one M.S. flareup that I recall.... I was not following his diet as strictly, but then again, he was fighting candida yeast and likely has a gluten intolerance. (Now if I could just get him off the rice....)

I had an inkling that eating more like him over the last several years has everything to do with reduced inflammation, thus M.S. issues.

Anyway, I have been reading Taube's, Why We Get Fat, and just purchased the Nook-book, Primal Blueprint.

hazmat is offline Senior Member
    nutrisclerosis.com > Home

Please check out this women's website.

Also, I know some people disagree, but the national MS society has zero interest in finding a cure. It's just a not for profit pushing pharma drugs. These charity events are nice but really these people don't care about curing anyone, just taking your money.

Follow the Robb wolf Autoimmune protocol: No grains, no dairy, no sugar, no legumes, no soy, no eggs, no nuts, no nightshades.

Check out the website for more info. Good luck

Isis is offline Senior Member
    found this support forum: neurotalk.psychcentral.com/
    My primal journal
    25yo female, height 5'7"
    goal weight: 60kg / 155lb
    goal fat%: 20%

current weight: 70kg / 154lb

“The fact that a great many people believe something is no guarantee of its truth.”
    ― W. Somerset Maugham

LinD is offline Member
    Seems to be a difference between paleo and primal......

Mac
    Mac is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by hazmat View Post
    nutrisclerosis.com > Home

Please check out this women's website.

Also, I know some people disagree, but the national MS society has zero interest in finding a cure. It's just a not for profit pushing pharma drugs. These charity events are nice but really these people don't care about curing anyone, just taking your money.

Follow the Robb wolf Autoimmune protocol: No grains, no dairy, no sugar, no legumes, no soy, no eggs, no nuts, no nightshades.

Check out the website for more info. Good luck
    My mother-in-law has MS and I don't do the walk for that very reason as she continues to eat her healthy whole grains, healthy margarine, oatmeal, skim milk, and her "wonder potions" of ostrich oil and that MonaVie sugar-water swill. Not to mention she feeds all that shit to my kids and it makes me very angry.

Juliemama is offline Senior Member
    OOps, my reply got deleted. sigh.
    Thank you all for the feedback!
    We celebrate life at these annual walks, not just for the fundraising..
    The three women in my family all consumed diet soda to lose weight and control their "sugar".
    All had gallbladders removed.
    All carried excess weight in the hips.
    Two are now trying different protocols...one has passed on..Our families come together every year..and the next generation is US!
    How are we going to prevent (or manage) this in the future? I am happy to hear the Paleo WOE is helping to control symptoms and flare ups! Thank You!

hazmat is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Mac View Post
    My mother-in-law has MS and I don't do the walk for that very reason as she continues to eat her healthy whole grains, healthy margarine, oatmeal, skim milk, and her "wonder potions" of ostrich oil and that MonaVie sugar-water swill. Not to mention she feeds all that shit to my kids and it makes me very angry.
    Doesn't the national MS society recommend a diet high in omega 6? I think I saw it on the website once. What an absolute joke. I bet if you research enough you'll find out that the main financial backing for this MS society is pharma companies.

I love that the medical trust has no cure for any of these diseases, but yet they want you to keep eating the same high carb, low fat vegetable oil diet and taking pills to alleviate symptoms.

Kaleein is offline Senior Member
    This doctor differs from 99% of the medical profession: Jack’s Blog | Jack Kruse

See his July 29 blog about why a Leaky Gut leads to MS and then read his prescription for a Leaky Gut on July 30.
    Lost 54 lb with HCG from October 31, 2010. Started Paleo (no dairy) April 22, 2011 to maintain my weight loss with HCG. Started losing weight SLOWLY (7 lb) with Paleo June 1. Last week of June I added dairy and stopped losing but maintained. Been on Dr. K's Leptin reset since July 9. Have lost 24 more pounds (as of 10/14), but more importantly, I'm feeling terrific! Currently supporting friends working toward optimal health at http://optimalhealthcave.forumotion.com/

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast