Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Is bed the best place to sleep? page 3

BarbeyGirl is offline Senior Member
    Shop Now
    Quote Originally Posted by one_eye_mike View Post
    You go first BarbeyGirl. Let us know how it works out for you.
    Gladly. 32 now, and still loving my non-mattress. Betcha I grow up to be Maba's grandmother.
    Nightlife ~ Chronicles of Less Urban Living, Fresh from In the Night Farm ~ Idaho's Primal Farm! http://inthenightlife.wordpress.com/

Latest post: Stop Being Stupid

texas.grok is online now Senior Member
    Another older thread that I'm just getting to.

When I'm in Egypt, I have a bed that is nothing more than a thick piece of foam on some slats. No box spring, pillow top, etc. My bedroom also does not have any outside windows which sucks from the aspect of getting outside air in but is great for creating a cave-like atmosphere. While AC may not be very primal, I can seal up the room, turn on the AC and be damn near comatose until the alarm comes on. If it is a day off I'll sleep 12 hours without hardly moving.

The article is interesting, I sleep in the position of the Kenyan and mountain gorilla, always have I think.
    Randal
    AKA: Texas Grok

Quote Originally Posted by texas.grok View Post
    Facebook is to intelligence what a black hole is to light
    http://hardcoremind.com/

NicoB is offline Senior Member
    I moved into my new apartment (a small studio) back in September and it was already furnish with a fold out couch.

I have so many memories of horrible nights that I had already decided I wasn't going to sleep in the couch/bed when I moved in. I was planning on buying a futon, but didn't have the cash.
    So the first night I crashed on the carpet...

I'm still sleeping there.
    I sleep on my side so the first few weeks I was a bit sore, but now that I am used to it I have no plans to buy a futon.

And the funny part is that I went to my aunt's (AuntieMD) place one weekend, and slept in my old bed. It was hard, but I still woke up with a stiff back. So I'm staying on the floor now on.
    Once you learn that you create your own reality and that you are fully responsible for your life, you can begin to see the world as it is and then you realize the limitless possibilities.

FairyRae is offline Senior Member
    B/c of BarbeyGirl and some other MDA posters' recommendations, I started sleeping on the floor (on top of a thin foam pad covered by a sheet) months ago. I still love it, and find it *less* comfortable to sleep in a bed now. I just turned 30 this month, fwiw. I feel like I could sleep pretty comfortably just about anywhere now...Hope to be like maba's grandma someday as well! (What a cool story!)

bloodorchid is offline Senior Member
    welp, according to the link, i sleep the way i do to protect my nonexistant penis from insects

skink531 is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by bloodorchid View Post
    welp, according to the link, i sleep the way i do to protect my nonexistant penis from insects
    All penises, real or imaginary, should be protected from insects...just my opinion.

kuno1chi is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by skink531 View Post
    All penises, real or imaginary, should be protected from insects...just my opinion.
    Please do.

All of us are counting on you

Bushrat is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by bloodorchid View Post

That iz very interesting. Pleaze go on.

zoebird is online now Senior Member
    that article was cool. i'm a gorilla!

i do not like our current mattress as much as our last. it was much firmer (natural latex) and better than a thin mat on the floor (which is how we slept before the mattress). this one is softer--to my husband's tastes, so i get the aches now. LOL floor is too cold. can't explain it. uninsulated kiwi houses maybe.

bloodorchid is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Bushrat View Post

That iz very interesting. Pleaze go on.
    *gets on couch and starts talking*

*hours later* .. and that's why yellow makes me sad, i think

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast