Thread: Daily Fasting and PWO Meals page

MonsterMats is offline Junior Member

Daily Fasting and PWO Meals

Shop Now
    I have been eating/living primal for roughly 6 months and am starting to do some fasting to see how it affects me. I want to try to do a daily fast of 16-18 hours, but I am concerned because most of my workouts will fall outside of my eating window. I read a few articles that Mark wrote stating the advantages of occasional PWO fasting, but it sounded like doing it a lot is not great.

Would it be best to have some protein PWO, even if it is outside of my eating window? Or just not worry about it and see how if affects my performance in the gym? Thanks in advance for the help.

Dragonfly is offline Senior Member
    I wouldn't worry about it, unless you are a competitive bodybuilder. I do all my workouts fasted and often don't eat for a couple of hours afterwards.

Dave_o is offline Senior Member
    Martin at Leangains recommends some BCAA's pre workout if fasting. He explains it in more detail over there.
    Either way, if you're training with strength and mass in mind, it's not optimal.

IcarianVX is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Dave_o View Post
    Martin at Leangains recommends some BCAA's pre workout if fasting. He explains it in more detail over there.
    Either way, if you're training with strength and mass in mind, it's not optimal.
    Martin also has a workout/eating plan if you won't be eating for a long time after training (train in the morning, eat at night, etc.).
    You take in BCAAs throughout the fasting period after you have worked out. As Dave_o said, just check out the site and you will get a plethora of info.
    People too weak to follow their own dreams will always try to discourage others.

JillianMarie77 is offline Senior Member
    As a yoga practitioner (go ahead and laugh, but it is serious work and in a heater room) we find it best to practice on an empty stomache. Eating about 30 minutes afterward.

Your body expends a lot of energy digesting food (I find that it expends a lot less if you aren't eating grains!) so that is energy not available to you for your work out. If you are looking to increase muscle, consuming protein within about 30 minutes of the work might be a good idea.
    Jillian
    Strict Vegetarian going primal as of 3/2011. This is a tough row to hoe!

So far I am down:
    • 6lbs
    • 1% BMI
    • 1" in my waist
    • 2.5" at my belly button
    • 1" in my hips