Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Hair Falling Out!? page

alicias is offline Member

Hair Falling Out!?

Shop Now
    Hey everyone! I have been primal for 2 weeks. I just got done running sprints, showering, and then I started blow drying my hair and as I was running my hands through my hair, I was getting a bunch in my hand!! Has anyone lost hair while living this lifestyle?? I have NEVER had this problem before and I am extremely freaked out!! Please help!!

Diana Renata is offline Senior Member
    Actually I had the opposite happen. I've had hair loss most of my life. With eating more fat and supplementing with fish oil, the problem has greatly reduced.

Maybe you need more Omega-3's?

ani
    ani is offline Senior Member
    I used to lose my hair in what felt like large quantities. For me getting my hormones balanced and eating a really clean diet helped my hair stay on my head.

spakesneaker is offline Senior Member
    Are you losing weight? That can trigger 'telogen effluvium' type shedding - Telogen effluvium (hair shedding). DermNet NZ

Are you eating enough of a variety of organ meats and vegetables in order to make sure you're meeting your nutritional needs? Grains, especially fortified ones, may have actually provided those nutrients before. I also think supplementing with magnesium can't hurt.

If it continues or gets excessive, you should get it checked out by a doctor -- sex hormones, ferritin/iron, thyroid stuff.

Also - blow drying your hair regularly is not good for it

alicias is offline Member
    Thanks everyone for your replies. I am currently at 133 lbs, 5 ft 6 inches. I had a baby 4 months ago. I should probably try to get a better variety of veggies in. I tend to eat the same things every day. I will keep an eye on it and hopefully it gets better. It sucks because I feel so good eating this way so I really hope I can figure it out!!

RennieVan is offline Member
    Are you eating a lot of fish? Have heard that can cause hair loss. A friend of mine used to eat 4-6 oz of broiled salmon daily. After several months of this she was losing hair in clumps. She cut way back on the salmon and her hair stopped falling out.

spakesneaker is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by RennieVan View Post
    Are you eating a lot of fish? Have heard that can cause hair loss. A friend of mine used to eat 4-6 oz of broiled salmon daily. After several months of this she was losing hair in clumps. She cut way back on the salmon and her hair stopped falling out.
    Was she eating farmed or wild-caught salmon?

Metismomma is offline Senior Member
    You had a baby 4 months ago? Then this has nothing to do with Primal, you are going through something completely common after pregnancy and is nothing to worry about. (one of those things they don't tell you about?)
    Hair Loss After Pregnancy You are right on target for the time that it tends to hit the hardest.
    Good thing is, you've started eating primal which means better nutrition and lots of protein.
    Calm the f**k down.

Sue
    Sue is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Metismomma View Post
    You had a baby 4 months ago? Then this has nothing to do with Primal, you are going through something completely common after pregnancy and is nothing to worry about. (one of those things they don't tell you about?)
    Hair Loss After Pregnancy You are right on target for the time that it tends to hit the hardest.
    Good thing is, you've started eating primal which means better nutrition and lots of protein.
    Yes when I read had a baby that's what I thought is reason for hair loss. Also can't attribute hair loss to doing a program for 2 weeks unless its something so extreme and then perhaps.

GoJenGo is offline Senior Member
    PrimalCon New York
    Quote Originally Posted by Metismomma View Post

Yep! What she said!

I lost a ton of it, to the point that I ended up having to bob my long hair. I freaked until I knew the reasons behind it. This was eleven years ago, but that's neither here nor there.... Since I began eating primally, my hair, skin and nails are better than they've been in years. I wish I'd made this change back then! I'm guessing I'd have less wrinkles.
    Life is not a matter of having good cards, but of playing a poor hand well.

- Robert Louis Stevenson

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast