Thread: Question about Kindle edition of PB Quick and Easy page

gkaya is offline Junior Member

Question about Kindle edition of PB Quick and Easy

Does anyone have the Kindle edition of PB Quick and Easy Meals? I'd like to use it on my iPad...I downloaded the sample b/c I want to check out the formatting and pics before deciding between print and Kindle versions...unfortunately, the sample ends before the recipes begin. Can anyone tell me if everything looks as it should in the Kindle version? (most Kindle books I have with extensive photos have serious formatting issues)

Thanks

Twibble is offline Senior Member
    I have the Nook application on my Droid, and the only thing I'm having a problem with is that I have to make the print larger to read the fractions. I don't know if that translates at all to Kindle...
    Most people don't realize how much energy it takes for me to pretend to be normal.

If I wanted to listen to an asshole, I'd fart.

Twibble's Twibbly Wibbly

IcarianVX is offline Senior Member
    Like all Kindle books (even just plain ol' text) it can get tough to figure out wtf you are looking at. Sometimes the ingredients go on to the next page with the directions (like 1 line) or there is just a picture on the page and its sort of like a guessing game trying to figure out what it is.
    I have Kindle cookbooks that are MUCH worse though. At least with this one, they have a page break (or something similar) so that a new recipe doesn't start smack dab in the middle of a page where one ended. I have cookbooks that do that all the time.
    It's half the cost of the hard cover, and you can access it from anywhere, so the minor problems are outweighed by the convenience for me.
    People too weak to follow their own dreams will always try to discourage others.

gkaya is offline Junior Member
    Thanks for the info...I got the Kindle edition today and it looks pretty good compared to other books...and I agree that in this case the convenience makes up for any formatting issues. I do look forward to the day when e-reader books are more sophisticated and interactive...like some of the more advanced apps.

gunn parker is offline Senior Member
    I have been thinking about a kindle type reader for recipe books and also other reading books. But it sounds like they are not that great.
    What are they like for normal reading?
    Thanks

NicoleP is offline Senior Member
    They are great for normal reading. In fact, I don't much like regular books anymore because I am so used to holding my kindle in a leather cover. I hate reading large hard back books because they are so heavy.

I would NEVER buy a cookbook on it though. I am a messy cook and don't want my kindle ruined because I have to change the page with the little buttons that would be smeared with bacon grease and what not. Besides, I like to have a cookbook for the nice pictures. If I can't see what it looks like I will not attempt most of the time.

Adrianag is offline Senior Member
    Primal Blueprint Expert Certification
    Quote Originally Posted by NicoleP View Post
    They are great for normal reading. In fact, I don't much like regular books anymore because I am so used to holding my kindle in a leather cover. I hate reading large hard back books because they are so heavy.

I would NEVER buy a cookbook on it though. I am a messy cook and don't want my kindle ruined because I have to change the page with the little buttons that would be smeared with bacon grease and what not. Besides, I like to have a cookbook for the nice pictures. If I can't see what it looks like I will not attempt most of the time.
    I love using my iPad in the kitchen, but I have a protective cover over the screen that I occasionally wipe down. I can see keypad buttons being a real problem.