Thread: Green Tea Recommendation page

beaver is offline Senior Member

Green Tea Recommendation

I am looking for a green tea recommendation. This past week I had constipation and used a cup of coffee (plus more fats, vegetables, and an avocado) to remedy the situation. Those helped. ALOT. I mean, I dropped 3 lbs. in a day ALOT. So this week I have been drinking a cup of coffee in the moring (no sugar or cream) to help stay regular and also for a change of pace from water. This is I really don't like coffee. I have never been a coffee drinker even before this. I would have to load it full of sugar and creamer.

Green tea I have had in the past and it's not bad. Not great, but better tasting than coffee and I imagine less hell on the teeth and breath. So any recommendations?
    RLTW

O_O
    O_O is offline Senior Member
    I like Uncle Lee's green tea. White tea is good too.

TornadoGirl is offline Senior Member
    Where's Darth Friendly? He could probably write a tea primer if he hasn't already
    True healthcare reform starts in your kitchen, not in Washington. ~Anonymous
    The worst carrot is better than the best candybar.--TornadoGirl

jens522 is offline Senior Member
    Yerba Mate and Tazo are good.

KellyS is offline Member
    I just got some raw green bush tea flavored with plantain and coconut. It was recommended by the folks over at the Whole Nine and it is delicious!

tamo42 is offline Senior Member
    Pretty much any organic, whole leaf green tea will be good. The stuff you buy in bags is the sweepings and residue left after the whole leaves are dried and packaged. I buy pint-sized tubs of the stuff and they cost $2 or so. You'll need a tea pot of some kind though. The kind I have has an integrated strainer, so you just sit it down on your mug and it drains out the bottom.
    http://www.theprimalprepper.com - preparing for life's worst while living for the best

beaver is offline Senior Member
    thanks tamo.. that's kind of what I was wondering about.
    RLTW

Melantha is offline Senior Member
    Primal Blueprint Expert Certification
    I got Dao Ren tea from Mountain Rose Herbs the last time I ordered herbs and it's pretty good. It's loose leaf and $6 for 4 oz., which isn't bad for high-quality full-leaf tea. The only thing that bugged me was that they shipped it in a fold-over paper bag instead of the sealed plastic bags that they use for their herbs. I transferred it to a jar, though.