Thread: Cycle Class page

lexsi340 is offline Senior Member

Cycle Class

I happen to get a free membership through my college, and am wondering if a cycle class (one a week) falls into the sprint category, or into the chronic cardo.. I used to love doing them occasionally, and am definitely a group exercise person in terms of motivation, BUT if they are not optimal and are going to make me carb-starving, I'd rather not..

Al_Kavadlo is offline Senior Member
    I depends on the teacher, but spinning is generally taught as an interval type workout (like sprinting).

I think you should give it a shot and see if you like it.
    "In theory, theory and practice are the same. In practice, they couldn't be more different."

"You can have anything you want, but you can't have everything you want."

My blog: http://www.AlKavadlo.com

Thanks Al, it means a lot coming from you! I love cycling classes, used to be a chronic cardio'er, just wanted to make sure it can qualify as a sprints.

Coach Palfrey is offline Senior Member
    Agree with Al but..."sprinting" is rarely categorised effectively by activity but more so through intensity. If you want the cycle class to really qualify as sprinting make sure you vary your intensity throughout the session, irrespective of what everyone else is doing. Because no one knows your intensity level better than you.

Thanks.. yeah, I recall just about wanting to die (I had never worked out that hard in my life!) AND being drenched in sweat, but intervals were about 60 seconds, is that too long? Should I take it easy after 30??

Al_Kavadlo is offline Senior Member
    Primal Blueprint Expert Certification
    Congrats! It'll get easier after you've gone a few more times. Sixty second intervals are fine, btw. Keep it up!
    "In theory, theory and practice are the same. In practice, they couldn't be more different."

"You can have anything you want, but you can't have everything you want."

My blog: http://www.AlKavadlo.com