Thread: Goat goat goat! page

ikaika is offline Senior Member

Goat goat goat!

Primal Fuel
    I have some grass-fed goat stew meat that I'm VERY excited about. I love goat cheese, milk, and butter, but I'm not eating dairy right now, so I can't WAIT to taste something 'goaty.' I want the meat flavor to really REALLY shine through (as opposed to being muddled with stew or covered in coconut curry-- both GREAT options but not what I'm looking for here!) so I'm looking for a VERY simple (maybe crock-pot?) recipe that will leave me with just a great goaty chunks. Not something soupy.

Any ideas/recipes? My crock-pot experience is usually too 'fishin meat out of water,' so I don't know how little liquid I can use, or if there is a better... oh, I'll shut up and let you guys talk!

Not as 'simple' as I want for this time, but check this recipe out: http://www.malaysianfood.net/recipes...eefrendang.htm
    *drool*
    Last edited by ikaika; 03-30-2011 at 06:32 AM.
    Little Saiyan

mikebike is offline Senior Member
    Crockpot is the way to go. I add no addtional liquid. Only liquid comes from vegetables.

naiadknight is online now Senior Member
    Pressure cooker curry for the win.
    "No fate but what we make"- Sarah Connor, Terminator 2
    Life is not a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in a pretty and well preserved body, but rather to skid in broadside, thoroughly used up, totally worn out, steak in one hand, chocolate in the other, yelling "Holy F***, What a Ride!"
    My Primal Battle Tome

sibylsybil is offline Senior Member
    Oooh, that's exciting! What does goat taste like? (never had it before, but it makes me think of either Jamaican barbecue or Swiss herders...)
    Life consists with wildness. The most alive is the wildest. (Thoreau)

naiadknight is online now Senior Member
    Akin to lamb, has a bit more of a gamey flavor.
    "No fate but what we make"- Sarah Connor, Terminator 2
    Life is not a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in a pretty and well preserved body, but rather to skid in broadside, thoroughly used up, totally worn out, steak in one hand, chocolate in the other, yelling "Holy F***, What a Ride!"
    My Primal Battle Tome

peril is offline Senior Member
    Just place in crockpot on a bed of chopped carrot and onion. Basically roasts it but keeps it moist. Works well for lamb. Should be the same for goat.

Alternatively, puree a couple of onions, a couple of garlic cloves and a teaspoon of ginger with some oil to facilitate. Fry in a large saucepan with a bit more oil, stirring to prevent sticking, until the mix is cooked, fragrant and the oil separates. Add the coarsely chopped meat, stir to coat, cover and cook on very low heat for 90-120 min. Depending in the meat, you may need to add water. You are looking for a thick sauce and the meat to be soft
    Four years Primal with influences from Jaminet & Shanahan and a focus on being anti-inflammatory. Using Primal to treat CVD and prevent stents from blocking free of drugs.

Eat creatures nose-to-tail (animal, fowl, fish, crustacea, molluscs), a large variety of vegetables (raw, cooked and fermented, including safe starches), dairy (cheese & yoghurt), occasional fruit, cocoa, turmeric & red wine

ikaika is offline Senior Member
    Primal Blueprint Expert Certification
    Thanks everyone-- I just put the ''stew meat'' in the crockpot with garlic, onions, salt and pepper...

...it was a bit of a bust. Not because the actual meat was bad (it was great) but because there was SO LITTLE OF IT. It looked like a packet of soup bones. It was a 2lb packet and I ate half, then went to the other half and pulled the meat off the bones, then weighed it out of curiosity. 75 grams. Assuming that what I ate was roughly the same (though I think it was less) that means 2 pounds yeilded 5.3-ish ounces of meat :C.

I'm stockpotting all the bones and joints to try and get my money worth.
    Little Saiyan