Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: what is the best way to get "ripped" page

milkycereal is offline Banned

what is the best way to get "ripped"

Primal Fuel
    i hate to sound like this, but what is the best way to get stronger, more musclular, yet be lean and light? Think Bruce Lee.

Is it cutting and bulking? If so what is the best way to do that? Eat _ amount of calories over maintanence for _ amount of time, followed by the opposite?

Can I gain muscle and burn fat in a calorie deficit? I've heard most say no but some say yes.

I looked into leangains, but he's very vauge and leaves most of the crucial info for his book which will never come out.

Going by that though it seems that you fast everyday (which I plan to do regardless, i like my big meals) and basicly "bulk" on training days and "cut" on rest days, with carb refeeds on training days as well.

I'm going crazy trying to figure all this out, its not that I'm having trouble following a plan, i just don't have a plan to follow!

And please don't tell me to keep my carbs low and not count calories. I'm already at a healthy weight I just want to get a little bigger and alot stronger without being wider than I am tall.

Grumpycakes is offline Senior Member
    Find out how Bruce Lee ate and trained.
    You lousy kids! Get off my savannah!

Guy ate pretty much primal except for rice and some whole wheat grains. He mostly avoided calories that "did nothing for him" (empty calories) He trained like a beast, his life was dedicated to it.

But obviously his methods are outdated now and theres easier ways do get lean and strong with my average life...

The reason I look up to Bruce's physique so much is because I'm so short, and I HATE the buff mighty mouse look. It's easy for me to gain muscle but hard for me to avoid that look. Also being really strong but light and lean is pretty awsome.

Dave_o is offline Senior Member
    Whats vague about leangains?
    IF 18 / 6
    Biggest meal post workout.
    Training days = high carb.
    Non training = lowcarb.
    Get a shit load of lean protein and enough healthy fats.
    Train hard.

This shit isn't rocket science, but people seem intent on over complicating it.

Dave_o is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Grumpy Caveman View Post
    Find out how Bruce Lee ate and trained.
    Yes.......be like water my friend......

should I go lower cals on rest days and higher cals on training days?

norak is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by milkycereal View Post
    The reason I look up to Bruce's physique so much is because I'm so short, and I HATE the buff mighty mouse look. It's easy for me to gain muscle but hard for me to avoid that look. Also being really strong but light and lean is pretty awsome.
    Try to find out how gymnasts eat and train? They're usually quote lean and light. Also, those crazy acrobats doing all those fancy stunts in circuses, etc. (Not sure if they're classified as gymnasts or not, but they're also very lean and strong.)

Alex Good is offline Senior Member
    Hmm, I have the same bulky muscle "problem" (as you call it). You could always try enjoying what you've got.

john_e_turner_ii is offline Senior Member
    Looking at LeanGains, and checking out theleanlook.com, they both recommend heavy weights, low volume. I have been doing this for the past 4-6 weeks, and I believe it's a good method. However, getting ripped in my opinion is more about diet. The workout gives you the foundation you need, but you have to strip away the fat based on your eating. I have been on a slight caloric deficit, which allows me to build strength and muscle, but continue to lose fat. It's a slow process however. Hopefully by May or June, I will reach my goal of a six pack.

primalrob is offline Senior Member
    Primal Blueprint Expert Certification
    eat primal (keep your carbs on the lower end), lift heavy, and sprint.

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast